Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 18:08

News News of Mauritius Forum English

Site map of Mauritius Forum English » Forum : Mauritius Forum English

for our english speaking user.

Country profile: Mauritius

Mauritius, a volcanic island of lagoons and sandy beaches in the Indian Ocean, has a reputation for stability and racial harmony among its mixed population of Asians, Europeans and Africans.

The island has maintained one of the developing world's most successful democracies and has enjoyed years of constitutional order.

Even though the previous government of Prime Minister Navin Ramgoolam was criticised over corruption scandals, the country preserved its image as one of Africa's few social ...
Read more : Country profile: Mauritius | Views : 766 | Replies : 0

Dive Sites in Mauritius

Dive Sites North

Trou aux Biches
Anchor Hole, Anemone, Aquarium, Caravelle, Helmut Area, Jenny Spot, Lost Anchor, Manon's Canyon, Mimi's Arch, NorthWest Passage, Peter Holt's Rock, Stenopus Reef, Stella Maru (wreck), Steven's Cliff, Three Anchor, Water Lily & Emily (2 wrecks).

Grand Baie
Anemone Tilla, Bain Boeuf, Coral Gardens, Graveyard, Merville Patches, Pereybere Aquarium, Silver Star (wreck), West Reef, Whale Rock.

Gunner's Quoin (Coin de mire)
Charpentier, Jabayda, The Wall.

Flat Island (île Plate)
Fosse ...
Read more : Dive Sites in Mauritius | Views : 2114 | Replies : 2

in Mauritius you drive on the left site

on the road, dit you know that? :mrgreen:
Read more : in Mauritius you drive on the left site | Views : 8309 | Replies : 3

The coloured earths of Chamarel were promoted as Mauritius' first tourist attraction back in the 1960's. Even today souvenir test-tubes containing the multi-coloured earth can be bought from beachvendors and tourist boutiques. Specimens of the earth can also be bought from the yellow-roofed administration building at the entrance of the site. The land belong to Bel Ombre Sugar Estate and a small entrance charge is made to visit the earths. An example of the horizontal ...
Read more : CHAMAREL | Views : 762 | Replies : 0

No customs duty is payable on used items such as personal effects and clothing when entering Mauritius. All persons at least 16 years old are allowed the following items duty free:
· 250 g of tobacco (either in the form of cigarettes or cigars)
· 1 litre of whisky
· 2 litres of wine/beer
· 25 cl of 'eau de toilette'
· At most 10 cl of perfume
The importation and entrance of plants, flowers ...
Read more : Customs | Views : 833 | Replies : 0

Pamplemousses garden - History

The Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanic Garden, formerly known as ROYAL BOTANIC GARDENS, PAMPLEMOUSSES covers about 37 hectares.

It is found on the site where Mahé de Labourdonnais, the famous French Governor who once lived at Mon Plaisir, created a vegetable garden. He brought in water from the nearby Rivière des Pamplemousses for irrigation by erecting the stone work of " Canal de la Villebague ". Afterwards, the Garden was run to cultivate medicinal and other ...
Read more : Pamplemousses garden - History | Views : 2803 | Replies : 0

Ralph Lauren

Ralph Lauren: too much of a good thing?

Ralph Lauren outlet stores are a fixture around Mauritius - just about every small town seems to have one. The garments sold in these stores carry the small image of a polo rider on a horse, the trademark of the tony Ralph Lauren and Polo lines. But things aren't what they seem: every one of these garments sold in the so-called original Ralph Lauren factory outlet stores ...
Read more : Ralph Lauren | Views : 9610 | Replies : 0

Please HELP, I´m looking for ARABELLA

my name is VOLKER I´m German but I live now in Brazil. I need your help, because I´m looking for someone from Mauritius.
Her name is ARABELLA SEEBALUCK Image Originally she´s from Quatre Bornes, but she used to study in Manchester (UK) untill 1997 or 1998 when she went to Chile to take part in a student exchange program. Since this time I´ve got no news from her.

As far as I know she ...
Read more : Please HELP, I´m looking for ARABELLA | Views : 1603 | Replies : 6

Mauritian children for schizophrenia study at USC

USC professor completes groundbreaking schizophrenia study

Study shows childhood development factors may correlate to disease

Children with better nutrition, regulated exercise and a more nurturing educational experience are less likely to develop schizotypal personality disorder, a disorder that marks the stage before schizophrenia, according to a 20-year study led by a USC professor.

The study, conducted by Adrian Raine, a professor of psychology and neuroscience, was the first ever to research how to prevent the ...
Read more : Mauritian children for schizophrenia study at USC | Views : 2335 | Replies : 0

The Environment of Mauritius

Mauritius is a small island of volcanic origin in the sub tropical region. Over the ages a unique fauna and flora have evolved with no interference from man, nature was the sole agent of change of the environment. The subsequent arrival of man and the establishment of permanent human settlements have had drastic effect on the environment. The disappearance of the flightless Dodo early in the 17th century, the gradual shrinkage of the original forest ...
Read more : The Environment of Mauritius | Views : 5232 | Replies : 0

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68594 • Total topics 9292 • Total members 9637