Info Mauritius        
Travel Info Mauritius
Webcam Mauritius
Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home



It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 16:06

News News of Mauritius Forum English

Site map of Mauritius Forum English » Forum : Mauritius Forum English

for our english speaking user.

Tea (manufactured) 2002

1,381 tonnes

Read more : Tea (manufactured) 2002 | Views : 599 | Replies : 2

SOS Children's Village

SOS Children's Village began its work on Mauritius in 1990, when the first SOS Children's Village was founded in Beau Bassin. In 1991, the first families moved in and in the following year, the SOS Children's Village was officially inaugurated. Four years later, in 1996, two SOS Youth Houses were opened, and in 1997, the first youths moved in, to live there during the time of their vocational training or education and to prepare themselves ...
Read more : SOS Children's Village | Views : 970 | Replies : 0

Production of sugar from July-December 2002

in Mauritius:
520,887 tonnes
Read more : Production of sugar from July-December 2002 | Views : 525 | Replies : 0



The Church and Shrine of Pere Laval at Sainte Croix to the north-east is only a short taxi ride or bus journey from Port Louis. Pere Laval arrived as a missionary in 1841 and fought a long campaign to better the plight of the poor and sick. When he died in 1864 his body was buried in the graveyard of the old Church of Ste Croix and became ...
Read more : THE CHURCH AND SHRINE OF PERE LAVAL | Views : 1015 | Replies : 0

The threat of pollution

Mauritius, being a small island, has limited space to put waste. With modern products and imports, and the growth of industry and tourism, more and more waste is being dumped in the sea. Sewage is mainly pumped out to sea, without treatment, and pollution is increasing with the growth of the population and tourism.
This can eventually destroy the coral reefs which play an important role in calming the energy of the waves, providing vital ...
Read more : The threat of pollution | Views : 3660 | Replies : 3

What tourists dislike

Most tourists are disappointed by the lack of environmental care, road quality, road safety and signs, and social disparity in Mauritius. Other areas of dissatisfaction also include value for money in hotels, entertainment and taxi.
These major weaknesses are revealed in a study through face-to-face interviews with departing tourists.
The objectives of the study were to measure positive and negative perceptions and opinions of the tourists on Mauritius and gather actionable and up-to-date information on ...
Read more : What tourists dislike | Views : 1067 | Replies : 0

You are a Mauritian when...

(Some months ago I received the following words from a friend in MRU:)

.....your house smells like rougaille, briyani or carri poule.
When you tell your parents you got 98% marks in an exam, and they ask you what happened to the other two percent.
When your parents insist that as you understand Creole, you should get an A in GCSE French
You make the Bois Cheri, NOT PG tips
Your parents never buy bin ...
Read more : You are a Mauritian when... | Views : 2825 | Replies : 1


Signal Mountain is in Port Louis. It is possible to drive up by taking Labourdonnais Street south from the junction with Georges Street. At the end of Labourdonnais Street the road rises up the flanks of the mountain and narrows in parts but the drive is worth the effort. From the small parking area there are different views of the capital, spreading inland in neat blocks to the foot of the Moka Mountains with flatlands ...
Read more : SIGNAL MOUNTAIN | Views : 1670 | Replies : 4


Very interesting article. :idea:
Source: Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania

The island of Mauritius is famous as a place for tourists to get away from work, rather than as a place bustling with business activity.

But this tiny nation, located in the Indian Ocean, has big plans to become yet another center of business process outsourcing (BPO), the emerging practice in which companies farm out tasks such as call center operations and accounting. ...
Read more : Cyberisland | Views : 827 | Replies : 1

Where the money goes .....

About 86% of Mauritians have their own houses while the remaining 14% are either living in housing units belonging to parents/relatives/employers or are renting.

Read more : Where the money goes ..... | Views : 628 | Replies : 1

Last 10 active topics


Login  •  Register



Total posts 68622 • Total topics 9299 • Total members 9643