Site map of Mauritius Forum English » Forum : Mauritius Forum English

for our english speaking user.

Computer Revolution

How Mauritius Got a Computer Revolution

New Vision (Kampala)

December 22, 2003
Posted to the web December 22, 2003

John Eremu

WITH an initial input of just $2,500 - the price of a second-hand Toyota car - Mauritius has set up a computer network aimed at transforming the tiny Indian Ocean country into a cyber island.

The technology procured in April 2001 from the University of British Columbia in Canada and modified by academicians ...
Read more : Computer Revolution | Views : 1048 | Replies : 0

tourist magnet Mauritius

Mauritius, a tourist magnet

I could not help but ponder on the ironies charted by the course of history while munching on venison curry in a wooden hut restaurant on a hilltop in the Creole Mountains of Mauritius.

As I chewed the tender meat of the Javanese deer – which is not native to this island – I was also fed the historical facts by the charming host at Le Domain du ...
Read more : tourist magnet Mauritius | Views : 1115 | Replies : 0

flights to mauritius

when your are still looking for cheap flight to mauritius > have a look at::
hope it helps for people who need's holiday's, in the last minute.
best regards and merry x-mas.
stefan <X)
Read more : flights to mauritius | Views : 1068 | Replies : 0

Mauritius Golf Open 2003

European Tour Member Mark Mouland was celebrating after becoming the first player in the ten year history of the Mauritius Open to successfully defend the title.

The 42 year old Welshman had to draw on all his experience to manage to defend the one stroke lead he held going into the final round at the Belle Mare Plage course.

After fellow European Tour Member Christian Cévaër of France had posted a six under par 66 ...
Read more : Mauritius Golf Open 2003 | Views : 855 | Replies : 0

dit you see our page about the mauritius climate? ... limate.htm
Read more : climate | Views : 1158 | Replies : 6

capital of mauritius

Port Louis
Read more : capital of mauritius | Views : 872 | Replies : 0

Education Ministers to Meet in Mauritius

DONORS and African Ministers of Education across Sub-Saharan Africa converge in Mauritius on Wednesday for the sixth biennial conference of the Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA).

The meeting to run from December 3 - 6, 2003 will bring together 350 participants including 50 African ministers of education, senior ministry officials, representatives of bilateral and multilateral development cooperation agencies, and experts and researchers in various educational fields. Dr. Khiddu Makubuya, Education Minister, ...
Read more : Education Ministers to Meet in Mauritius | Views : 1332 | Replies : 0

Question regarding hotel amenitites

In the bungalow section, I'm a little confused as to the hotel amenities offered
and I was hoping one of the forum readers may be able to clarify.
In the listing, it says that the rooms have in-room shower.
But then it will say
Toilette separately: Yes.
Does this mean that the facilities are in the room or down the hall?
Another question I have is this:
It says
Room (bb; with fan)
Room ...
Read more : Question regarding hotel amenitites | Views : 823 | Replies : 1

Mauritian Residents

During the period under review, the number of Mauritian residents travelling abroad regressed by 1.3% from 121,705 in 2002 to 120,180 in 2003 and accounted for 18.2% of total departures. The following trends were recorded in the number of Mauritians visiting the major destinations: Malagasy Republic (+69.5%), United Kingdom (+13.2%), Australia (+4.9%), India (+1.2%), Republic of South Africa (-1.6%), France (-2.0%), Reunion Island (-5.7%) and Singapore (-49.2%). Table 2 shows a more detailed distribution of ...
Read more : Mauritian Residents | Views : 1370 | Replies : 1

Tourist Nights

The number of nights spent by tourists during the period January to September 2003 is estimated at 5.0 million, up by 3.5% over the same period of 2002

source: Central Statistics Office
Read more : Tourist Nights | Views : 750 | Replies : 0

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68614 • Total topics 9299 • Total members 9642