Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:10

News News of Mauritius Forum English

Site map of Mauritius Forum English » Forum : Mauritius Forum English

for our english speaking user.

We are looking forward to coming to Mauritius next week and wonder if anyone could help with the following queries:

* Some of the previous posts suggest that it may be easiest to hire a taxi to get around. Can anyone recomend a taxi/driver that can be hired for a day or two?

* Can anyone recommend any particularly nice restaurants serving Mauritius cuisine?

* Is wine and beer cheaply available or would you recommend ...
Read more : Recommendations | Views : 1439 | Replies : 4

Next week i'll be there! (weather forecast required, plz)

Hello everyone, it's nice to meet you all on this forum.
I write from Italy and planned one-week holiday in Mauritius...i just can't wait to be in this amazing island, but i'm a little worried about weather: 3 days looking at the webcam and all i can see are clouds everywhere :mad: i know this is not the best season to visit the island, but i ...
Read more : Next week i'll be there! (weather forecast required, plz) | Views : 3276 | Replies : 5

Presents for Mauritian Women

HI, new to this forum.

Getting we at La Pirogue in May. Wanted to take small presents over for my wedding co-ordinator and hairdresser and wondered what might make a useful or appreciated present?

Read more : Presents for Mauritian Women | Views : 1065 | Replies : 2

Mauritius Residents - SPIRALLING WHITEFLY (SWF) Problem

Mauritius Ministry of Agriculture - Annex IId : BIOLOGICAL CONTROL OF THE SPIRALLING WHITEFLY (SWF)

For all Mauritian residents, this information may be of help, it certainly helped us. The Spiralling Whitefly (SWF) although completely harmless to humans has a severley detrimental affect on our enviroment. They may look like cute little butterflies but basically they eat everything in the garden!

We have been experiencing some problems with the SWF since 2001 and all types ...
Read more : Mauritius Residents - SPIRALLING WHITEFLY (SWF) Problem | Views : 1443 | Replies : 0

Picture Tsunami Mauritius

Found in a local newspaper a picture of the Tsunami in Mauritius.
I scanned it, it's in our album

Check out here:

Mauritius - Coast
Read more : Picture Tsunami Mauritius | Views : 8391 | Replies : 5

Entire island of Mauritius gets wireless broadband

Entire island of Mauritius gets wireless broadband

The 'CyberIsland' of Mauritius within the two next months is to become the first country worldwide getting a complete nationwide broadband wireless access. 1.2 million potential users will get connected to wireless internet at home, at work, at school or on the beach through a network of "smart antennas" with a wide range of coverage.

ADB Networks - a major independent service and support provider headquartered in Mauritius ...
Read more : Entire island of Mauritius gets wireless broadband | Views : 10250 | Replies : 22

Small island economies seek special treatment

MAURITIUS: Small island economies seek special treatment
11 Jan 2005 19:11:14 GMT

PORT LOUIS, 11 January (IRIN) - Small island countries will remain economically marginalised unless urgent steps are taken to improve market access for their products, delegates attending a UN Conference in Mauritius heard on Tuesday.

Senior government representatives from several Small Island Developing States (SIDS) highlighted that over the past decade trade liberalisation had severely battered their fragile economies.

Participants appealed for "special" ...
Read more : Small island economies seek special treatment | Views : 1434 | Replies : 0

Tsunami - Earthquake - Effects on Mauritius

Killer waves smash east coast of Africa

NAIROBI - High waves sparked by a massive earthquake on the other side of the Indian Ocean hit the east coast of Africa on Sunday, drowning a number of people, officials and witnesses said.

The huge waves swept 7000 kilometres from the Indonesian island of Sumatra before crashing onto the shores of Kenya and Somalia, affecting the islands of Mauritius, Reunion and the Seychelles on the way. ...
Read more : Tsunami - Earthquake - Effects on Mauritius | Views : 18219 | Replies : 6

Good morning.. (from a cold grey UK!!

Only 5 more days until we fly to the sun i:() i:() i:()

I need to find some fun excursions to keep my kids amused.. or else they will be driving me crazy!! :duel)

I was ...
Read more : Excursions | Views : 1571 | Replies : 3

Boogie Boarding

Hello Everyone,

Not long now until our first trip to Mauritius - we arrive on the 19th December i:() i:() i:()

I have a couple of last minute questions:

1. My son asks "Can anyone please advise of any beaches that might have waves suitable for Boogie Boarding? Not too BIG ...
Read more : Boogie Boarding | Views : 1133 | Replies : 6

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68592 • Total topics 9292 • Total members 9635