Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:57

News News of Mauritius Forum English

Site map of Mauritius Forum English » Forum : Mauritius Forum English

for our english speaking user.

cost of living

I'm thinking about living in Mauritius, but would like to know more about prices out there.

Can anyone let me know some prices of some basic foods please?
1 litre of fresh milk?
A loaf of bread?
1 kg. basmati rice?
Long term rental of a furnished 2 bedroomed apartment near Port Louis?
Price of fruit and veg?

Anything else you might think is useful, or that came as a shock to you!
Read more : cost of living | Views : 1707 | Replies : 0

hi - looking for an old friend patrice andre

Hi, my name is shamim (tasneem). I live in the uk. I was born in Zanzibar and I met a very good friend who used to work for Cogefar, (Italian building company). His name is Patrice Andre and we last met about 15 years ago.!!! I have been searching for a long time without any success. Anybody be able to help much apprecaited! My email address is Many thanks ...
Read more : hi - looking for an old friend patrice andre | Views : 952 | Replies : 0

Short stop over in June

Iam having a short three day stop over in Mauritius in June and since time is at a premium I would like to find some good reasonably priced accomodation near Mahebourg ( close to the airport). I am a single 45 year old guy so a bit of social interaction would be nice too since travelling alone can be very lonley. Any suggestions????
Read more : Short stop over in June | Views : 951 | Replies : 0

West coast weather in July?

I will be travelling to Mauritius between 28 June and 18 July from Scotland and will stay in a villa located between Trou aux Biches and Mont Choisy on the north west coast.

I have read a range of comments on this forum and others about what the weather will be like at that time of year. I know that it it the mauritian winter at that time of year and I am not ...
Read more : West coast weather in July? | Views : 2369 | Replies : 0

What to buy in Mauritius (and where)

I've heard obut some international textile brands like Ralph Lauren that have (or had?) some factories in Mauritius. But in this forum i have only read about Billabong one.

Where must I go shopping for textile?

What else should I buy at the island?

Thank you very much! :ploppop
Read more : What to buy in Mauritius (and where) | Views : 2969 | Replies : 1

looking for a friendship in Mauritius...

My name is Loocas, i am 21. My dream since i was a kid is to live in Mauritius, and i follow this dream.
I study Business in Ireland, so it will be easier to get into Mauritian University and live there for some time.
Then i would love to set up my life there.
That is why i would love to have any friendships there.
If you live in Muaritius and would like to ...
Read more : looking for a friendship in Mauritius... | Views : 1160 | Replies : 0

Bespoke Suits.

I am visiting Mauritius in April and i was thinking about trying to get a suit made for me while I am out there.

does anyone know of a good (an inexpensive) tailor out there?
Read more : Bespoke Suits. | Views : 1501 | Replies : 0

need help-honeymoners

my brother and his wife will be in their honeymone in a few days,and staying in le preskil.I am trying to arange something special for them(privete dinner at the beach,spa treatment,champaine,fruit,flowers....)please shine in-any other ideas apreciate it.never been their and have no clue.Hotel front desk-no help.thank you.
Read more : need help-honeymoners | Views : 1342 | Replies : 2

Dear all,

A very long and lively topic in our German forum shows us the high interest in the developments of this virus in Mauritius.
As we don’t appreciate some panic reactions in certain press releases we found this report we think is more objective and helpful:

Threat from Chikungunya, No Longer a Fear

Indian Ocean region was suffering from a crippling mosquito-borne virus disease the Chikungunya fever. It had infected some 150,000 ...
Read more : Chikungunya | Views : 3797 | Replies : 0

Shopping in Port Louis

What are the best things to shop for in the markets & Port Louis. What are approximate prices of things to bargain to?

Read more : Shopping in Port Louis | Views : 2498 | Replies : 4

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68598 • Total topics 9293 • Total members 9638