Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 0:54

News News of Mauritius Forum English

Site map of Mauritius Forum English » Forum : Mauritius Forum English

for our english speaking user.

moving to mauritius

I see that most earlier posts requesting information about cost of living have not received much response. But I do need this information to make my decision, so I must ask. This seems like a long post, but I would appreciate if you would answer any one question that you know about. The questions I ask are common to most people looking to move and your response will help more than just one person. ...
Read more : moving to mauritius | Views : 3772 | Replies : 7

Backpacking questions

Hi all,

I have read through most topics here, and found lots of information, but not the kind of information I really need :-( I hope someone can answer my questions quickly.

First some background information:

I am about to try out my own little "concept", which I for now call "trial and error travelling". The concept is quite simple, and contains the following:

1) You are not allowed to bring luggage, other than your ...
Read more : Backpacking questions | Views : 1028 | Replies : 1

All inclusive hotels

I am stopping over in mauritius for 1 week in November with my partner and 10yr old son. There are so many hotels to choose from, but as we have a child we are going for all inclusive (constant drinks required). We would like a non-shelly beach nearby and things to keep a 10yr old occupied. Anyone any suggestions?
Read more : All inclusive hotels | Views : 1737 | Replies : 2

catamaran wedding 26th July

Hi All

I am a little shocked at some of the posts about the weather in July.

I am particularly concerned about the very high chance of rain, late afternoon in July. I am getting married on a catamaran cruise that sets sail at 16:30 in the afternoon. I had imagined blue sue and sky, but am now worried that all I will get is cloud and rain.

Can anybody give me an honest view ...
Read more : catamaran wedding 26th July | Views : 814 | Replies : 4

November in Mauritius

We are wanting advice on which side of the island to stay.. We are going for Honeymoon in November and have been told the western side is the better side because of the wind. Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay.. we were looking at The Residence and the Beau Rivage but these are on the Eastern Side..

Read more : November in Mauritius | Views : 1146 | Replies : 2

Vistng July first week..howz the weather(West) and Veg food

would like to know weather around Le Morne
Read more : Vistng July first week..howz the weather(West) and Veg food | Views : 1627 | Replies : 1

My Honeymoon 3rd July 2006 Weather Clothes General Interest!

Hello all! :wink)
Me and my future wife will be travelling to Grand Baie and staying in the Merville Beach hotel on the 3rd July 2006! I would be most grateful if anyone could let me know what the true weather forecast is for this time of year and for this resort. ...
Read more : My Honeymoon 3rd July 2006 Weather Clothes General Interest! | Views : 879 | Replies : 0

Sat Nav in Mauritius

I'm about to buy a Sav Nav system and wondered if any work in Mauritius?

I travel to Mauritius once a year and hire a car for about 3-4 weeks. I'm buying this for the UK but thought I may as well get one that works in Mu as well.

Any help appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Read more : Sat Nav in Mauritius | Views : 1773 | Replies : 2

I am trying to book our wedding for April next year but I am undecided between the Indian Resort or Legends. Can anyone give me any information on either to make my mind up.
Read more : Wedding | Views : 1542 | Replies : 4

Learning French in Mauritius... Possible?

Hi all,

I speak beginner French and I'm keen to become fluent.

I'm curious about the possibility of language school or immersion courses in Port Louis (or another location in Mauritius).

Do you have any advice? Is it possible to become conversant in French while living in Mauritius?

Thanks for any assistance you are able to provide!
Read more : Learning French in Mauritius... Possible? | Views : 11265 | Replies : 10

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68612 • Total topics 9297 • Total members 9641