Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:24

News News of Mauritius Forum English

Site map of Mauritius Forum English » Forum : Mauritius Forum English

for our english speaking user.

I am visiting Mauritius for November part holiday/part research

I am a visual artist based in London

I am very interested in finding out about the 'weeds' (no not the illegal ones) in Mauritius, both native and non native. Not necessarily their botanical make-up, but their social uses as food, medicinal, their place in Mauritian folklore and any other uses - in short their positive values.

As an example the guava de chine is ...
Read more : Weeds | Views : 750 | Replies : 2

Shore Fishing?

Hello everyone. I will be in Mauritius from 5th November for 2 weeks in the Bel Ombre resort in the South West of the island.

I'm interested in doing some fishing whilst over there, possibly a boat trip but more likely from the shore.

I'd appreciate in particular some advice on:
1. Is fishing with rod and line allowed from the shore?
2. Is any licence for this required?
3. If so how much and ...
Read more : Shore Fishing? | Views : 5848 | Replies : 7

Hawkers on beach

I have heard that hawkers are found roaming on the beaches on the island selling clothes, etc. Is this really true coz its a downer?
I have heard abt instances at Le Mauricia. Is this prevalent in other beaches as well?

- Abhishek.
Read more : Hawkers on beach | Views : 1120 | Replies : 3

newby here...

Hi all,

Im half Mauritian, living in the UK and hoping to make a few Mauritian friends, before I go back there for good! I hope...

Looking for land to buy in the north, around the riviere du rempart and hopefully build on and start my own business.

Any body living in Mauritius?

Read more : newby here... | Views : 567 | Replies : 3

Whats the weather like?

Leaving in a weeks time so hopefully sunshine ! :lol:
Read more : Whats the weather like? | Views : 1044 | Replies : 2

Meeting in Mauritius in December?

Hello all,

I'm again in Mauritius in December.
Who wants to meet up in the Banana Bar in Grand Baie?
Looking forward to receiving your messages!

Read more : Meeting in Mauritius in December? | Views : 1161 | Replies : 2

Yoga and .... of course diving

Just booked tickets to go to Mauritius (end of December - beginning of January) and then the questions come!
where to find a good yoga school for a course or some classes? And not in the luxury hotels.

And what are the best diving spots for a lot of ocean life. Small issue. One of us is a very experienced diver and the other isn't.

thanks for any tips!
Read more : Yoga and .... of course diving | Views : 1274 | Replies : 3

Fishing trips - Moint Choisy/Troux au Biche area

I am returning for my 2nd visit to the beautiful island at the end of October and want to try my hand at sea fishing. From memory I remember visiting Grand Baie and seeing several companies offering trips but wondered what the best way to do it is?

It would only be for 2 adults and a half day so does anyone have any idea as to costs involved? Also are you able to ...
Read more : Fishing trips - Moint Choisy/Troux au Biche area | Views : 1374 | Replies : 0

bus from airpot to Grand Baie

I will go to Mauritius at the end of this mounth. How about the bus traffic. Would like to take a bus from airport to Grand Baie. How often the buses are driving?
Thanks for help!
Read more : bus from airpot to Grand Baie | Views : 653 | Replies : 1

Searching Friendship of Mauritius

Hi i am searching a friend for talk and maybe more. I will be happy when you mail me . Because i know really more about Maurirtius .just last year i was there. so i hope u write me
Read more : Searching Friendship of Mauritius | Views : 1230 | Replies : 3

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68612 • Total topics 9297 • Total members 9640