Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:39

News News of Mauritius Forum English

Site map of Mauritius Forum English » Forum : Mauritius Forum English

for our english speaking user.

History of a specific Street name..

Looking for info on a specific street name in Mauritius.

'Giquel Street', why was it named this.

I believe its named after Charles Giquel, apperently he invented something. But thats as much as i know.

Which government department can i contact regarding street names?

Charles was born in France but moved to Mauritius and Married an english woman. Charles died in 1886.

So, any suggestions as to whom i can contact regading info on Giquel ...
Read more : History of a specific Street name.. | Views : 2062 | Replies : 9

translate/change sega paroles from Creole to English

i love sega songs very much. :wink)
can anyone help me to translate the paroles here into English?

are there any sites have english translation of the sega songs?

merci~ thanks a lot!!~ :mrgreen:

Ti Frere - Roseda

Gramatin mo lever, mo bourer pou al travail
(Gramatin mo lever, mo bourer pou mo al travail)
Titop six ...
Read more : translate/change sega paroles from Creole to English | Views : 4329 | Replies : 15

Mauritian Artists CDs

Hello folks,

There are a few tourists who have been to Mauritius and set back to their home countries with some sega tunes on their mind. Well fear not as I've come across a website where you can order the CDs. Well I thought I would post the link here.

I'm not adversiting the company but this is the only website I'm aware of which sells our local artist albums.

Mauritian Artist Boutik

@ $$$Admin$$$ ...
Read more : Mauritian Artists CDs | Views : 2061 | Replies : 1

Sega and undersea walk???

Hi, i'm a new user from Spain. I'm planning to travel to Mauritius in a year more or less. I'd like to know where it is possible to dive with a kind of helmet or diving suit, but you don't need to take lessons, I think it's in the north of the island, but don't know put this "helmet" on and you do not need anything else, i think it's called "undersea walk". So...where ...
Read more : Sega and undersea walk??? | Views : 1042 | Replies : 2

cost of living

Hi all, and thanks for a great forum.

I am relocating to the flic en flac area, together with my spouse soon and would like to have some honest indications of the cost of living if you cook yourself and perhaps have a restaurant meal once a week. What is a reasonable amount to calculate with, for two adults? Someone mentioned Rs4.000-6000 per month on food only. Is this really enough?

Many thanks for any ...
Read more : cost of living | Views : 1392 | Replies : 3

ALL about Fishing

let's put this here and everyone, who like to talk or ask about any fishing in mauritius can do it here.

i'll go to mauritius end of january and spend there about 3 weeks mostly fishing there.
i'll take part of one competition too
Read more : ALL about Fishing | Views : 5299 | Replies : 33

car hire in nov/dec

looking for a cheap car hire for 2-4weeks, staying around le morne area any input would be appreciated, also whats the best currencies to take euros or pounds
Read more : car hire in nov/dec | Views : 737 | Replies : 1

Thank you for informing me of art groups and artists

Hello, Do you know of anyone who likes to paint? I am coming to the island for the winter to spend alot of time in the studio studying and painting in oils. I like to sketch the landscape and take my easel.
Are there groups of painters, any size, who paint together from the model or plein aire, outdoors?
I will be on the north east side of the island.
If anyone is interested in ...
Read more : Thank you for informing me of art groups and artists | Views : 815 | Replies : 0

Help please to purchase a Mauritius tea towel

Hi there ,
Im hoping somebody in Mauritius can help.
I work for some people who are disabled and one of them is from mauritius. I had accidently damaged a tea towel that is from mauritius. This tea towel has a map of mauritius on it.
Im hoping somebody can help me purchase one to replace it or do a possible trade of a souvenir from Sydney Australia ?
Help very much appreciated,
Thank you ...
Read more : Help please to purchase a Mauritius tea towel | Views : 621 | Replies : 3

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68620 • Total topics 9299 • Total members 9642