Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 18:09

News News of Mauritius Forum English

Site map of Mauritius Forum English » Forum : Mauritius Forum English

for our english speaking user.

Fishing kayak in Mauritius

Hi, I want to bring my fishing kayak (and possibly 3 or 4 extras) to fish off the coast of Mauritius. We fish about 1km from shore. What permits etc would I need? Is it recommended? Are there any other guys with fishing kayaks? Can you supply contact details of the relevant authority I should contact?
I thank you in advance.
Read more : Fishing kayak in Mauritius | Views : 1726 | Replies : 4

Obtaining visa of MRU sitezen from the Embassy not in MRU

Hello everyone!

I would be vety thankful if someone know and wish to share what is the way a native of Mauritius to obtain visa from an Embassy that is not located in Mauritius ? For example, there is no Canadian Embassy in Mauritius. How the natives apply and are granted with visa for Canada ? Should they apply online, through Mauritian officials or they should go to the first closest Canadian Embassy ? Thanks ...
Read more : Obtaining visa of MRU sitezen from the Embassy not in MRU | Views : 1535 | Replies : 6

Visiting the forest...

Hi there,
I will be going to Mauritius with my wife for the holidays in the next several months (haven't still deceided the date) and besides all the nice activities that are offered on the island, I would love to visit the National park and the rainforests in Mauritius. I love to take pics of the insects, especially butterflies...
I guess it wouldn't be very wise to go alone, so who could I contact for ...
Read more : Visiting the forest... | Views : 786 | Replies : 5

Transport Le Coco Beach to Trou aux biches

Please can someone tell me whether there is a buss service from Le Coco Beach Hotel to Trou aux biches?
SHould I make my own way to other towns or is there a direct route?
Read more : Transport Le Coco Beach to Trou aux biches | Views : 609 | Replies : 1

baby cots and highchairs.....

we are due to fly to Mauritius in december for one month with my mother and father inlaw and our three children. I am wanting to get information about purchasing or hiring cot, pram and highchair for my now 8 month old.

i am hoping to get websites, email addresses or prices and places as a matter of urgency. We are not staying in resorts or hotels as we will be with family and ...
Read more : baby cots and highchairs..... | Views : 810 | Replies : 0

Creole Online Dictonary

find below a nice little online dict creole to english from a hungarian guy:

Read more : Creole Online Dictonary | Views : 3077 | Replies : 11

Hi Can you please let me know if you have non-professional football matches/leagues that anyone can join?
My partner plays 5 a side football in the UK and would like to carry this on upon arrival in Mauritius. If you know if any around Grand Baie please forward the details.

Much appreciated.

Claire i:()
Read more : Football | Views : 653 | Replies : 1

Need help with transfer from the airport in Mauritius

I'm going to MRU in September and I want to prebook transfer for 2 adults from the airport to hotel Le Canonnier and then later to hotel Le Paradis, and from there to the airport again?

Can anyone advice where to book this service on the Internet or call by phone to some reliable operator?

Does anyone know if I will be "ripped off" if I take a taxi on the spot without a ...
Read more : Need help with transfer from the airport in Mauritius | Views : 897 | Replies : 3

mosquitos in sept-oct

We are going to Mauritius in late september to mid of october
do we need to worry about being bited by mosquitos
I´ve read that you don´t have to worry about malaria on the island.
BY the way we´re going to stay in Flic en flac

Hope for some answers

Read more : mosquitos in sept-oct | Views : 913 | Replies : 2

Looking for a "Bonne"

Hi everybody!

My husband and I are currently having a villa built in Perybere and it's due for completion at the end of the year.

Initially, we (and an ever increasing number of friends apparentlyl!) will be using it for holidays only a few times a year. When the villa is in use we will want a maid/cook to come in every day, but only a couple of times a month when there's nobody there. ...
Read more : Looking for a "Bonne" | Views : 848 | Replies : 2

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68594 • Total topics 9292 • Total members 9637