Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 16:21

News News of Forum English

Site map of Forum English » Forum : Forum English

New Phone Codes?

Can anyone please tell me if new area codes have been assigned for mobile phones? I have been trying to send text messages to a friend in Mauritius and they are not receiving the messages at the usual number that I send them to. i used to send them to +230 783****. Any help would be apprecitated. Thanks.
Read more : New Phone Codes? | Views : 693 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

used motorcyle?? driving conditions??

I may buy a used motorcyle for transportation while living in Mauritius. What is an average cost for a used one? Are they Japanese bikes?

Are the road conditions good for motorcyle riding? I've read that it's dangerous driving in Mauritius? If so, would you not recommend riding a motorcycle?

Thanks so much for your replies.

Read more : used motorcyle?? driving conditions?? | Views : 1164 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Cost of alcohol and food?

hey cant wait to come to maurituis...just dont have alot of many :::( and want know how much food costs,obviously the cheapest!and the cheapest beer? are the niteclubs in grand baie expensive?ive heard so much about Banana Cafe...what is that like?

adam :ploppop
Read more : Cost of alcohol and food? | Views : 11461 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Hotel Merville Beach

:cool: Hi Everybody,

Well in England today it was -1 and by looking at your 26.1, My wife and I are looking forward to our holiday next month.

We are staying at the Merville Beach Hotel, Has anybody stayed there or has any tips/information about this place.
Read more : Hotel Merville Beach | Views : 2143 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

internet connections, used car costs??

Hello my Mauritius friends!

First of all I am should mention that I am very thankful for this forum as it's been very helpful in answering many of my questions.

As a potential resident in Mauritius in 2006 I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it correct that Mauritius is set up for wireless internet connections? And if so, what is the monthly cost for an internet provider?

2. What would be the cost ...
Read more : internet connections, used car costs?? | Views : 1082 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

transport,diving and nightlife

Me an several mates are coming to maurituis beginning of december. staying in pereybere in a cottage right on the beach but want to know :beer) if transport to grand baie is cheap or if we can walk.aswell what is the cost of diving. and what is the nightlife like,are they strict with under age people, some are 17!
Read more : transport,diving and nightlife | Views : 804 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Le Cocotier hotel

Hi everybody,

My finance and I will be in Mauritius the 14th of November 05 staying at Le Cocotier (Tombeau bay, west coast) for 2 weeks.

Can anyone provide more information on the hotel: location to shops/activities, how is the beach there, nightlife an so on...

Thank you!
Read more : Le Cocotier hotel | Views : 2746 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

Diving in Mauritius

As we will be visiting Mauritius around june 2006, we would like to gather some information about diving there.

Will be staying at The Coco Beach hotel for and would like to go diving for 8 to 10 days. As we would like to visit different dive sites across the island, we are looking for a package of 16 to 20 dives, transport and all afcilities without changing diving center every 2 days.

Can anyone ...
Read more : Diving in Mauritius | Views : 715 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

statistic from

here is a small statistic history from
the first 8 month are missing, as we only start with awstats end september 03.
and here a up to date one, what is generated every day at around
12 hour local time: statistic
please note, that it starts only from July 05.

this stats are not including our en and fr webpages, but this forum.

Read more : statistic from | Views : 2723 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Names of cyclones - season 2005-2006

Here are the names and the countries of origin:

Alvin (Seychelles)
Boloetse (Lesotho)
Carina (Mauritius)
Diwa (Malawi)
Elia (Madagascar)
Farda (Comoros)
Geduza (Swaziland)
Helio (Mozambique)
Isabella (Namibia)
Jaone (Botswana)
Kundai (Zimbabwe)
Lindsay (Mauritius)
Marinda (Namibia)
Nadety (Madagascar)
Otile (Lesotho)
Pindile (Swaziland)
Quincy (Seychelles)
Rugare (Zimbabwe)
Sebina (Botswana)
Timba (Malawi)
Usta (Mozambique)
Velo (Comoros)
Wilby (Seychelles)
Xanda (Madagascar)
Yuri (Mozambique)
Zoelle (Mauritius)
Read more : Names of cyclones - season 2005-2006 | Views : 974 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68594 • Total topics 9292 • Total members 9637