Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 22:21

News News of Forum English

Site map of Forum English » Forum : Forum English

I am visiting Mauritius for November part holiday/part research

I am a visual artist based in London

I am very interested in finding out about the 'weeds' (no not the illegal ones) in Mauritius, both native and non native. Not necessarily their botanical make-up, but their social uses as food, medicinal, their place in Mauritian folklore and any other uses - in short their positive values.

As an example the guava de chine is ...
Read more : Weeds | Views : 750 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Shore Fishing?

Hello everyone. I will be in Mauritius from 5th November for 2 weeks in the Bel Ombre resort in the South West of the island.

I'm interested in doing some fishing whilst over there, possibly a boat trip but more likely from the shore.

I'd appreciate in particular some advice on:
1. Is fishing with rod and line allowed from the shore?
2. Is any licence for this required?
3. If so how much and ...
Read more : Shore Fishing? | Views : 5844 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Info required for Ambre Resort

I am planning my honeymoon starting 21st Jan 2007. I have got a package of USD 1020 (couple package), Half Board for 6-N/7-D in a Standard Sea View Room. Please help me with the following information:

1. Upgrade cost to All Inclusive.
2. Quality of the Std Sea View Room and does it give a clear view of the ocean?
3. How is the weather in last week of January and are there any ...
Read more : Info required for Ambre Resort | Views : 1332 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

Hawkers on beach

I have heard that hawkers are found roaming on the beaches on the island selling clothes, etc. Is this really true coz its a downer?
I have heard abt instances at Le Mauricia. Is this prevalent in other beaches as well?

- Abhishek.
Read more : Hawkers on beach | Views : 1120 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Honeymoon in January

I am from Bombay, India. My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon starting 21st Jan. I am looking for a Sea Facing room ONLY. I need a good view of the beach and the vast expanse of the turquoise blue ocean. (DO NOT want a garden view room).
Please help me with information for the following resorts:
1. Le Mauricia - How are the Rooms and the Beach and how expensive are the ...
Read more : Honeymoon in January | Views : 1002 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

newby here...

Hi all,

Im half Mauritian, living in the UK and hoping to make a few Mauritian friends, before I go back there for good! I hope...

Looking for land to buy in the north, around the riviere du rempart and hopefully build on and start my own business.

Any body living in Mauritius?

Read more : newby here... | Views : 567 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Very cheap Accommodation!!

I am currently staying at Le Capitaine Residence in Tombeau Bay until November 11th and can reccommend it as a good basic place to stay. It has made it possible for us to stay for a month and it already feels like our second home. We have what we call the Penthouse - the second floor studio. It has a double bed, large wardrobe, plenty of cupboards, a small tv, microwave oven, kettle, etc. There ...
Read more : Very cheap Accommodation!! | Views : 2097 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

Whats the weather like?

Leaving in a weeks time so hopefully sunshine ! :lol:
Read more : Whats the weather like? | Views : 1044 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

accomodation in towns

Artist and small family (1 child) coming to Mauritius for the whole of November, loking for a 2-3 bed house/bungalow in Rose Hill/Beau Bassin/Quatre Bourne or similar for 600euros or under, Any useful ideas? Offers? Suggestions?

Read more : accomodation in towns | Views : 969 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

Meeting in Mauritius in December?

Hello all,

I'm again in Mauritius in December.
Who wants to meet up in the Banana Bar in Grand Baie?
Looking forward to receiving your messages!

Read more : Meeting in Mauritius in December? | Views : 1159 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68595 • Total topics 9292 • Total members 9638