Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:07

News News of Forum English

Site map of Forum English » Forum : Forum English

Shark fishing June 2009

Anybody know if we can fish for reef sharks off the rocks in or around the North West of the Island (we have a car so transport not a problem, and will drive to any hotspots on the Island. Also whats the chances of catching Tiger / Maco sharks out on the Game Boats...

we are coming in 6 weeks time, so getting very excited about our fishing trip to Mauritius.

Read more : Shark fishing June 2009 | Views : 766 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Looking for French teacher and Yoga teacher

I'm looking for both a French teacher and a yoga teacher at the moment. Preferably near Beau Bassin but i'm happy to travel for either! Anyone know of anyone? I've tried Alliance Francaise and their class schedules don't run at the right times.
Read more : Looking for French teacher and Yoga teacher | Views : 2065 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

cultural facts

Hello! I go to Mauritius..........this Friday!!!!!

I have all things prepared but I just want to know some information about cultural facts so not to be mistaken:

-How do people in Mauritius greet? (shaking hands, kisses....etc?)

- About different temples of the island:

CHINESE pagodas
HINDU temples

What do you have to wear? What are the restrictions?
In which ones you can take photos inside?

Thank you very much!!!
Read more : cultural facts | Views : 915 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Moving to Mauritius next month

Hello all!

I'll be joining you all soon on the beautiful Island!

The website is great and has been very useful, however I wasn't able to find answers to probably the 2 most important questions....

- Can one purchase English teabags there, or do I have to fill my suitcase with Tetleys?

- What is the local beer like? I'm coming from Germany but don't expect it to up to that standard!

The rest, I ...
Read more : Moving to Mauritius next month | Views : 824 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Life in Mauritius

My partner and I seriously contemplating moving to Mauritius in a bid to escape the rat race.

We've found an amazing new development that looks great on the website -

Has anybody who lives in Mauritius heard of this development? What is the local view on it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Read more : Life in Mauritius | Views : 750 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

looking for parents with kids speaking german

Hei everyone,

We are a mixed couple middle 30 with children, who speaks german, we would be glad to be in touch with other couples mostly with kids, speaking german also.

Look forward to hear from you very soon.

Read more : looking for parents with kids speaking german | Views : 684 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Introduce Your Self

Pictures of Mauritius

hi all,

I have just created an online picture gallery on mauritius, . I want to know what you guys think of it?? I have tried to show the island from my personal point of view.. dunno if it works or not.

Btw, this is my first time me designing a website, so don't worry too much if the site itself is a bit lame, therez still lots ...
Read more : Pictures of Mauritius | Views : 1427 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Hello, I really need to transalate a msg that has been sent to me, i assume it's in creole language, so can someone please help me?

Slt e,ts eno2 mits an ni-balance b nga alina?tsis ina fa manao cou2 kel d tng d bnui e.
Read more : Transalation | Views : 462 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Looking for a native English-French translator – work from h

Looking for a native English-French translator – work from home!

I'm looking for a Native English and French translator for a translation of a text of around 100 pages from English to French.

The requirements:
• The total project consists of about 100 pages to be translated from English to French.
• Please note that this text it is meant to be published for thousands of people to read it, accordingly
the translation should be ...

What could you tell me about Tamarin? Is it a good area, etc?

I know the popular areas are Grand Baie and Flic and Flac, how does Tamarin measure up to them?

Read more : Tamarin | Views : 825 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68585 • Total topics 9291 • Total members 9633