Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 23:17

News News of Forum English

Site map of Forum English » Forum : Forum English

Ralph Lauren shops closed down

Hundreds of Ralph Lauren outlets in Mauritius have been shut down after a court granted United States-based Polo Ralph Lauren an injunction against stores using its trademark, court officials said on Wednesday.

Although Mauritian manufacturers and retailers claimed they had legal status after a government blunder 12 years ago, which allowed the registration of the trademark by local company Aurdally Brothers, the court still ruled in favour of the fashion house.

“Ralph Lauren has entered ...
Read more : Ralph Lauren shops closed down | Views : 6579 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

i have a question about windsurfing at mauritius, wath are the best spots, I know that le morne is a good spot, but are there more? how is flic flac? how are the waves , and the wind.

the Netherlands
Read more : Windsurfing | Views : 1273 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

help please..

hi everyone..thanx for the help last time we posted a message..

we have booked for the tarisa resort from 1 feb...any info on this resort?
is it on the beach?
near any surf places?

being a sunday, are there places to exchange money open that day?
as we arrive early in the morning we will have to get money..we assume the hotel will change enough for us to start, but sre there places to change ...
Read more : help please.. | Views : 1030 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Cote D'Azur - hotel and appartments (Pereybere)

I'm planning my trip in May. I got an offer from Cote D'Azur in Pereybere and thinking what to choose: either hotel room or 1 bedroom holiday flat. I'm wondering if you know this place. What is your opinion about this?
Read more : Cote D'Azur - hotel and appartments (Pereybere) | Views : 5005 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

Self catering - what to choose

I'm planning to spend 3 weeks in May with my wife. We are looking for nice self catering studio for 2 in the north (Mont Choisy/Trou aux Biches or Pereybere) and then in the west (Flic en Flac or other area). Can you suggest some studios/appartments taking into consideration the following things:
- budget 40-75 usd per night (self catering)
- on the beach or very near to it
- 1 bedroom with small ...
Read more : Self catering - what to choose | Views : 1537 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Honeymoon Help!

Hi, We're planning on coming to Mauritius in September for our Honeymoon as it looks and sounds like a really great place.

There's a couple of things which we'd really like to know, if anyone can help us!

Where's the best location to stay on the island. We're age 34/36 and obviously want a romantic holiday, whilst still wanting to mooch around the island and see what it has to offer. Le Prince Maurice keeps ...
Read more : Honeymoon Help! | Views : 1266 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

surf in mauritius

thanks to joana for heading us towards this forum.

can anyone help us please?

we are a couple in our 50s..west australians who are coming to mauritius at the end of january for a week or so.
we wish to stay at a reasonable standard hotel on the beach front..or close..on a beach that has surf...for a surfboard.

we are not looking for huge surf..mostly small to medium fun stuff that we can just veg ...
Read more : surf in mauritius | Views : 1809 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Where to buy in Mauritius

Hi There,

I hope I am not intruding on the incorrect forum with these questions but I am travelling on Holidays from Sydney next month, for some sun, relaxation and shopping. I was wanting to know if playstation games are easily available on the island. How much will it cost and where can I purchase them from ? Does Mauritius have copied (pirate) versions of the games that I should look out for ?

Also, ...
Read more : Where to buy in Mauritius | Views : 1651 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

How Mauritius Got a Computer Revolution

John Eremu

WITH an initial input of just $2,500 - the price of a second-hand Toyota car - Mauritius has set up a computer network aimed at transforming the tiny Indian Ocean country into a cyber island.

The technology procured in April 2001 from the University of British Columbia in Canada and modified by academicians at the University of Mauritius will enable every peasant to access various types of information necessary to lead ...
Read more : How Mauritius Got a Computer Revolution | Views : 949 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Tropical storm Darius avoided Mauritius

Port Louis - Tropical storm Darius has avoided the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius and was on Saturday morning situated about 90 kilometres south of the island, the local meteorological services said.

Services at the air and sea ports resumed on Saturday after being closed on Friday afternoon following the upgrading of hurricane warning to three on a scale of four.

The warning has been lifted, the meteorological services confirmed.

Darius came closest to Mauritius ...
Read more : Tropical storm Darius avoided Mauritius | Views : 1019 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68614 • Total topics 9299 • Total members 9642