Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 18:06

News News of Forum English

Site map of Forum English » Forum : Forum English

An Update: "I need an Opinion"

Hi guys,
Just thought i'd give you an update. I posted "I need an opinion" a few topics ago. Well its decided; i'm coming to Mauritius in October for three months to see the place, spend time with my g/f and her family. See how things go.. see what there is to see :roll:

Should be fun. Thanks for all your comments so far :)
Read more : An Update: "I need an Opinion" | Views : 1104 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

+++NEW+++ weather station - always actual weather

Hi Mauritius friends,

to improve our service around Mauritius I brought a weather station from my last holiday. Stefan was very fast in fixing, connecting and integrating it in our site. :ploppop

A first version you can find here:

sunny side up - weather station

Please note that the site is far from being ready, but I hope you can enjoy it already.

Have fun with our ...
Read more : +++NEW+++ weather station - always actual weather | Views : 1773 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Horse racing in Mauritius

Could anyone give me some info on horse racing on the Island. I will be there in September for a couple of weeks and I'm planning a day at the races. I would really appreciate any info regarding admission prices, size of crowd and anything else really.
Also are green fees expensive on the island. :

Read more : Horse racing in Mauritius | Views : 833 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Good deal on flights

Hi all

Hopefully one of you out there in that big wide world can help me ! I am traveling out to maurice in november but am looking for the best deal on flights. Can any of you recomend a good travel company to book with? the best deal i can get for november with air mauritius is £620 i am sure i can get a better deal than that !

thanks for your help ...
Read more : Good deal on flights | Views : 1632 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Thanks for all your assurances about those "harmless" roachs!
I just wanted to ask 2 more things.
Me and the Mrs.(to be), are thinking about getting a tattoo done while in Mauritius.
Good idea? Any suggestions about where? Is it really expensive?
Second thing was, shoud we pack light(2 weeks) and buy clothes out there, I understand there's no more Ralph!
Thanks a lot for any advice!
ps. in return, if anybody ever ...
Read more : Tattoo? | Views : 1481 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Whats the Weather like?

Hi Group
I fly to Mauritius on Monday next week for two weeks, cant wait ! I'm staying up near Grand Baise at the Marina Resort, I'm struggling to find out what the weather is like at the moment because most weather websites dont list the well known towns, whats it like ?
Also we plan on hiring a car for 3 or 4 days, what are you suggestions for best use of it, whats ...
Read more : Whats the Weather like? | Views : 3837 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

new years eve

Hello everyone..

We're coming to Mauritius (first time - very excited! :mrgreen: ) for Christmas and New year this year and we're looking for ideas for New Year's Eve.

I was thinking of perhaps dinner, dancing, fireworks that kind of thing. I've heard that may hotels organise Gala Dinners, do you have to be a resident of the hotel to attend? Are there any other 'events' ...
Read more : new years eve | Views : 936 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Festivals in Mauritius

Hi all,

Does anyone here know of a comprehensive list including dates of all the festivals (religious / non religious) in Mauritius?

Thanks very much,

Read more : Festivals in Mauritius | Views : 910 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Letting Agencies

Can anyone advise me of any letting agencies in mauritius for long term rental plese - desperately need help:Q
Read more : Letting Agencies | Views : 1105 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Useful websites if you are planning to settle down in MRU

The following websites are a must for everybody who plans to work and live here in Mauritius, as the Governement may change these rules/laws on a quarter monthly basis. For that, any given information about legal stuff in this forum may already be outdated.

The Government

Chamber of Commerce

Board of Investment (BOI) ...
Read more : Useful websites if you are planning to settle down in MRU | Views : 1473 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68594 • Total topics 9292 • Total members 9637