Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 21:56

News News of Forum English

Site map of Forum English » Forum : Forum English

Entire island of Mauritius gets wireless broadband

Entire island of Mauritius gets wireless broadband

The 'CyberIsland' of Mauritius within the two next months is to become the first country worldwide getting a complete nationwide broadband wireless access. 1.2 million potential users will get connected to wireless internet at home, at work, at school or on the beach through a network of "smart antennas" with a wide range of coverage.

ADB Networks - a major independent service and support provider headquartered in Mauritius ...
Read more : Entire island of Mauritius gets wireless broadband | Views : 10251 | Replies : 22 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Small island economies seek special treatment

MAURITIUS: Small island economies seek special treatment
11 Jan 2005 19:11:14 GMT

PORT LOUIS, 11 January (IRIN) - Small island countries will remain economically marginalised unless urgent steps are taken to improve market access for their products, delegates attending a UN Conference in Mauritius heard on Tuesday.

Senior government representatives from several Small Island Developing States (SIDS) highlighted that over the past decade trade liberalisation had severely battered their fragile economies.

Participants appealed for "special" ...
Read more : Small island economies seek special treatment | Views : 1434 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Tsunami - Earthquake - Effects on Mauritius

Killer waves smash east coast of Africa

NAIROBI - High waves sparked by a massive earthquake on the other side of the Indian Ocean hit the east coast of Africa on Sunday, drowning a number of people, officials and witnesses said.

The huge waves swept 7000 kilometres from the Indonesian island of Sumatra before crashing onto the shores of Kenya and Somalia, affecting the islands of Mauritius, Reunion and the Seychelles on the way. ...
Read more : Tsunami - Earthquake - Effects on Mauritius | Views : 18220 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Good morning.. (from a cold grey UK!!

Only 5 more days until we fly to the sun i:() i:() i:()

I need to find some fun excursions to keep my kids amused.. or else they will be driving me crazy!! :duel)

I was ...
Read more : Excursions | Views : 1571 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Le Meridian/Legends?

I am going to Mauritius in March for 10 nights.

I was thinking about staying either in Le Meridian or Legends but am not sure which side (North East or North West) will have the better weather, and less chance of rain.

I also would like to know about the beach at each hotel, as I have heard that they are not good because they are rocky and small.

Any other Suggestions?

Read more : Le Meridian/Legends? | Views : 5217 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

Boogie Boarding

Hello Everyone,

Not long now until our first trip to Mauritius - we arrive on the 19th December i:() i:() i:()

I have a couple of last minute questions:

1. My son asks "Can anyone please advise of any beaches that might have waves suitable for Boogie Boarding? Not too BIG ...
Read more : Boogie Boarding | Views : 1133 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Cilaos Beach Resort, Mauritius

Does anyone have an e-mail address to this hotel?
Have seen several photos, but no means of contactic them.
Thks yr help! brittmarie
Read more : Cilaos Beach Resort, Mauritius | Views : 1859 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

Honeymoon in Veranda Hotel

My wife and I am planning our honeymoon in Mauritius at the Veranda Hotel. Just wanted to know if anyone has stayed in this hotle or knows anything about it. How is their the hotel right on the beach or across the road etc..

Any tips for Grand Bay would be appreciated as well
Read more : Honeymoon in Veranda Hotel | Views : 1806 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

Cyclone Arola

Hi all

Im flying out to Mauritius on wednesday and i have noticed that Arola cyclone is heading in that direction too ! does anybody have any experiance in how long cyclones last?

p.s if you want to have a look see the cyclone tracking section on the weather page.
Read more : Cyclone Arola | Views : 1307 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Visa Electron

Can anyone tell me if you can uses a Visa Electron in Mauritus? At a cash point machine?

Thanks Carly :Q
Read more : Visa Electron | Views : 1406 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68592 • Total topics 9292 • Total members 9636