Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 0:07

News News of Forum English

Site map of Forum English » Forum : Forum English

Flying to Mauritius - which airline?

First time in Mauritius in September. Honeymoon!

Anyway, I have a question about airlines. Flying from London, I seem to have a choice from three - Air Mauritius, Air France and British Airways. Do any of these compare favourably? I despise flying, it'll be my first long haul trip, and I don't want it to be a nightmare...

Read more : Flying to Mauritius - which airline? | Views : 17255 | Replies : 45 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Hi, I was in MUR in february, it's an amazing place, of course, I miss it so much. How does people live, who went to work there, who isn't an aboriginal. Why have they decided they will work and live there? How about living with mauritians? Is there any hungarian in Mauritius?
I'm awfully sorry,my english is very poor.
Read more : Interested | Views : 1592 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Hotel Silver Beach

Can anyone please give me information on the Hotel Silver Beach at Trou d'Eau Douce??

Read more : Hotel Silver Beach | Views : 1896 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

ocean villas gran baie

Has anyone been to this hotel/apartments looks nice. Is the beach nice in grand baie. I am tempted with perebere sounds like this is the best beach/area is this right. Someone has also mentioned Tamarind(?) Questions questions but no time going on the 12th may!!!! What me and my wife are looking for is a great beach, some nightlife. Hopefully hiring a car so can get out and see a bit of the local life ...
Read more : ocean villas gran baie | Views : 1106 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

Hello! Couple of questions from a first-timer to mauritius

Hello everybody,

my husband and i are planning our first trip to mauritius in July. We are on the brink of booking, but have just been receiving bad info about the weather in July. We want lots of sun and heat; can anyone tell me iof mauritius is cool at this time of year and what to expect?

Was also trying to decide between Heritage or Legends resort. Am leaning towards Legends now as it ...
Read more : Hello! Couple of questions from a first-timer to mauritius | Views : 4470 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Visiting Mauritius in June

My wife and I are visiting Mauritius at the end of June staying at the Paul et Virginie hotel at Grand gaub.

What is the temperature like at this time of year ?

Hotel ok ?

Is Grand Gaub very big or a small village ?

Are there any bars / restaurants there ?

Good places/beaches to visit locally ?

Read more : Visiting Mauritius in June | Views : 1193 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Info Needed

I am hoping to travel to Mauritius soon and am trying to pick a hotel, there are a few things i wanted to know prior to this...

What part of the island is best for what? (e.g. North, East, West, South)

1. Nighlife
2. Beaches
3. Windiest part
4. Sunniest / Hottest part

Any further info on North, East, West, South would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance!
Read more : Info Needed | Views : 1259 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

New Member!! Where to stay

My partner and I wanted to know if anyone has any information on the following hotels....we cant decide where we want to stay...maybe someone can offer so advise which would tip the boat for us!

Beau Rivage
Hilton Mauritius
Le Victoria

Im a big fan of large pools and i like Le Victoria, but ive heard the beach is made up of coral fragments and so its extremly painful to walk on barefoot? ...
Read more : New Member!! Where to stay | Views : 1296 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

Exploring Mauritius

Hi all,

Reading through the forms has been very helpful.

I’m coming in November for my sisters wedding but am planning to stay longer after family returns to the UK. A 2 week budget break.

Having only just finished University I’ve been looking for hostel and cheap accommodation for single person (quite difficult to find), and am coming to settle on Heron Villas in Mont Choisy. Unfortunately all the UK accessible web sites just repeat ...
Read more : Exploring Mauritius | Views : 803 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mauritius Forum English

Has anyone been to Sugar Beach???

2 1/2 weeks before I am due to travel to La pirogue hotel (for my wedding) on the west coast, I have been kicked out of the hotel so they can have a conference!!!! :::(

Well they are putting us next door at Sugar Beach which is meant to be better but is only £6 per night more expensive and I don't think it has the charm ...
Read more : Has anyone been to Sugar Beach??? | Views : 1370 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations

Last 10 active topics

Login  •  Register

Total posts 68596 • Total topics 9293 • Total members 9638