Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

Mauritian bank predicts economy will grow by 5.6% in 2008

Mauritian bank predicts economy will grow by 5.6% in 2008

Postby stefan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:14

APA - Port Louis (Mauritius) The net international reserves of Mauritius stood at $US 2.7 billion by the end of September 2008 according to a communiqué issued here by the Bank of Mauritius (BoM) here.
more here

other country's would be happy to have this happen :wink)

moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Info Mauritius Annonce

Postby monika » Mon Nov 03, 2008 13:00

ich befürchte nur, dass der als "Brotkorb der Nation" bezeichnete Faktor Tourismus bald gewaltig höher hängt.

Ich hoffe, ich irre mich.

Postby Gerard » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:19

This feelgood factor will alas, come to an abrupt end in 2009 due to the cedit crunch whis is now a global phenomena. The tourist industry will suffer as recession bites in all major european countries and we will see a drastic reduction in the arrivals of visitors on the island later this year. I do hope that this will be short lived and that there will be an upturn in the world economy by next year. In the uk where I live, a lot of people now do not intend to change their cars and certainly are not planning to go away on expensive far away foreign holidays...... This is yet to affect Mauritius but it will surely happen in a few months time as people in europe now have other priorities and are redirecting their finances to more essential things ie: food, clothes etc and will probably go on cheaper holidays nearer home. Despite all of the above I will still return to my little paradise island in september for three weeks and I cannot wait to get there.
Mauritius forever,
Regards, Gerard :cool:
Keep smiling and the world will smile back :)
Twitter id: Morisien06
servi souvent moris forum
servi souvent moris forum

Return to News from Mauritius