Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Which hotel at May?

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Which hotel at May?

Beitragvon GoUp » Sa Jan 14, 2006 17:07

Hello from Slovenia!

:he()
Me and my girlfriend will go in May at Mauritius and get married there.
But I'm worry about the weather at that time and because of this I'm wonderind which hotel to book.
I heard that on winter time on Mauritius is very windy especially on east side of Island and is much better to take a hotel on West side.
We are looking for next hotels: Belle Mare Plage, Legends, La Meridien and Hilton.
Two of them are on East and two on West side.
Please advise us regarding weather and also regarding accommodation.

Thanks.

GoUp
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon OJ » Sa Jan 14, 2006 19:04

Hello to Slovenia
First of all congratulations for you decision to marry at such a marvelous place!
As far as the weather is concerned, I can confirm that as far as I know the Eastern part of the island is more likely to have cooler temperatures, heavier winds, etc. than the Western part. Which does not necessarily make it less attractive.
Regarding your hotels, you should look into the hotel directory of this homepage as well as on sites like TripAdviser (you may find those via Google).
I wish you all the best for your wedding and your honeymoon!
OJ
OJ
content partagé
content partagé

Bilder: 3

Beitragvon GoUp » So Jan 15, 2006 13:41

OJ hat geschrieben:As far as the weather is concerned, I can confirm that as far as I know the Eastern part of the island is more likely to have cooler temperatures, heavier winds, etc. than the Western part. Which does not necessarily make it less attractive.

Thanks for information and nice wishes.

So as I see from your reply, is better to book hotel on West Side. I hope that teperatures still allow swiming in ocean.
GoUp
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon OJ » So Jan 15, 2006 14:00

Hi there,

I do not think that you have to bother regarding the temperatur of the sea. In September (meaning in the Mauritian winter) I was in Le Morne at Les Pavillons, the most rainy part of the coast (as they say), and this was no issue at all. And, by the way, we did not have the best weather conditions, but it was great anyway. Which means that I am currently contemplating to go again to Mauritius in March, this time to the Western or Northern part. I would recommend that you simply surf the net, gather information and make your own picture. If you come to the conclusion that the Eastern coast is it, then go there. I was simply captured by a picture of Le Morne Brabant last year, and that was it! i:() i:()
So, take your time and you will come to right decision.
Many greetings from
OJ
OJ
content partagé
content partagé

Bilder: 3

Beitragvon GoUp » So Jan 15, 2006 15:13

Thanks a lot. With last post you help me a lot. We will go to East cost - Belle Mare Plage.

:ploppop
GoUp
encor Basic
encor Basic

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations