Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Le Victoria

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Le Victoria

Beitragvon mchaudry » Di Apr 20, 2004 14:52

Hi Forum

Could anyone shed some light on what this hotel is like and also the hotel beach? Is june an okay time to go deap sea fishing? What are the small local restaurants like and is the food(meat..hygiene) like and if it is okay for tourist to eat, as i believe this is the only way to really appreciate a countries cuisine. so many questions...really looking forward to my trip!

Many many thanks

mchaudry
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon joana » Di Apr 20, 2004 15:19

Hi mchaudry,

Hotel Le Victoria belongs to Beachcomber, a local hotel-chain.
All Beachcomber hotels are well managed, having a good value for money, good service and food.

The rooms in Victoria are really big, standard rooms on ground and first floor, superior on the second floor (same size as standard). All rooms in two wings from the reception.
Big pool, nice beach (water a little shallow, not everywhere great for swimming but excellent for bathing and for kids), several hundred meters long.

North west coast, therefore beautiful sunsets, not too windy (depends on period of travelling).

The litte village of Point au Piment is only a few meters, there you find bus stop to go to Grand Baie or Port Louis.

Best regards,

Joana
joana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bilder: 30

Beitragvon mchaudry » Di Apr 20, 2004 15:22

Would you recommend any places to eat for lunch that are must during our stay in mauritius?
mchaudry
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Susan » Do Apr 22, 2004 10:38

Hi mchaudry,

I eat ev´rything, when i´m on Mauritius, also icecream from the icecreamcar on the beach, mango and ananas with chilisauce etc. and I never had any probs with illness.
In Pointe aux Piments near the street, ypu can get local food very cheap during noon, try it.
And of course there are local restaurants around the island where you should try the food, you get chinese, indian, creole food and of course european, but this is not local food :mrgreen: (pizza etc.).
Just be careful with the chili sauce, when they tell you it´s hot, it really is and you should try a little bit first :mrgreen: .

Kind regards
Susanne
Susan
aide boucou
aide boucou

Beitragvon Tommy » Mo Apr 25, 2005 16:29

Hi,

you should go to Villa Eureka and have a fantastic Curry for lunch at a more than reasonable price. Same is true for St. Aubin. Both are ols colonial houses that you can visit after lunch, too.

Best regards

Tommy
Viele Grüße

Tommy

Immer wieder gerne auf Mauritius und im Meer darunter ;-))
Tommy
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 79

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations