Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Silver beach hotel in 3 weeks

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Silver beach hotel in 3 weeks

Beitragvon conico1 » So Apr 16, 2006 15:57

Hello there,

Has anyone been to the Silver beach hotel recently? We are flying out to Mauritius on the 7th of May and really looking forward to our holiday.
Any tips people can give us for our 10 day stay there. We want to plan a dolphin watch/swim trip as well so if anybody has got information about that then please let us know.
I sure hope the weather stays as good as it is for the next 4 1/2 weeks at least... :wink)
Tipping staff, what do you tip them? Foreign or local currency?
We will bring beach shoes and our own snorkel gear just to be on the safe side.

Caroline and Nico ....English and Dutch couple from the UK

Of to Mauritius in 3 weeks. It will be wonderful
conico1
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Silver Beech

Beitragvon Saggy » Mo Apr 17, 2006 23:21

Returned yesterday after 10th visit. I have always stayed at Le Tropical (next to Silver Beach). You will be able to do lots of snorkelling from the beach and boat/catamaran trips including the dolphin trip can all be booked locally... Nothin is ever too much to Mauritian people, which is so unique!
I love MRU, but having worked in the Travel Industry for years, I always feel that you can never really go by other peoples opinions... however saying this...everyone I talk to always say they love MRU and would go back. My husband and I got married on a catamaran last year and he too fell in love with MRU as soon as we got there!
The East coast always is breezy, but in their summer months this makes it a very comfortable heat, in their winter, it is still warm, but sometimes necessary to find a sheltered spot. The East coast is less developed, but has the beauty of being close to one of the best beaches in the world, "Ille aux cerfs."
At this time of year the weather is changing from Summer to Winter (the difference of 10 degrees on average!) so you may get some occasional showers...
I recommend you take "mozzie" repellent, and other precautions with the intensity of heat/sun! etc... Check Foreign Travel Advice and your GP for latest health and safety info...
Other than that hope you like the rustic charm and ambience of MRU enchanting and captivating too! Have a great holiday!
Saggy
nouvo
nouvo

Thanks

Beitragvon conico1 » Mi Apr 19, 2006 11:25

Hello 'Saggy' ,

Thank you for your info. I am sure we will have a wonderful time and erally looking forward to our time in paradise.....

Nico
conico1
nouvo
nouvo

Silver Beach hotel

Beitragvon fazer1 » So Mai 28, 2006 18:08

Hi Caroline & Nico

Like you we are going to The Silver Beach Hotel in Sept
for 10 nights,
hope you enjoyed your stay !
If you have any info on hotel & surrounding area
ie meals, drinks etc. I would be grateful for any info you may have !
we are also interested in deep sea fishing can this be arranged through the hotel ?

Regards Mark
fazer1
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon conico1 » Do Jun 01, 2006 13:36

Hiya Mark,

All trips can be booked at the hotel and in most situations they are cheaper than with the rep.
We booked our trips with the rep basically because we spoke to him first and all the trips were perfectly organised.

I am sure you will enjoy your holiday,

Nico and Caroline
conico1
nouvo
nouvo

Silver Beach

Beitragvon emmacook » So Jun 18, 2006 11:30

Hi!
What I've read about the Silver Beach sounds great. The reviews I have read are outstanding for a 3 star hotel! We are looking for a Honeymoon destination for next year, and I like the sound of Silver Beach as it is so small.

Can anyone tell me more about the food and drinks service. Some places I've been to in the past have stopped serving at 11pm. What is the case here?
emmacook
nouvo
nouvo

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations