Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Sands resort

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Sands resort

Beitragvon pennys » Mo Mär 12, 2007 15:19

Hi all, I'm new here - hope someone is friendly and can help me! I'm thinking of staying at the Sands resort at the end of September and have a couple of questions - first and most important how far is it to some bars/restaurants outside the hotel in the evening and how esy to get to them? Second, what weather can I truly expect then?! Thanks all, from a novice!

pennys
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Sands resort

Beitragvon Gerard » Mo Mär 12, 2007 16:30

Hi Pennys,
You have made an excellent choice of hotel for a tropical holiday as the Sands resort is ideally situated on the sheltered part of the island which means that the weather will be fine. I am afraid however that all entertainment are hotel based and you may have to visit other nearby hotels to sample different bars/entertainment. There are a couple of places in Flic-en Flac where you can have a drink and a meal but if you want to venture anywhere further, you will require a taxi. Do not however let that put you off as I am confident that you will love the island which is reputed for its beauty and hospitality.
Have a fab time,
Gerard
Gerard
servi souvent moris forum

Bilder: 139

Beitragvon pennys » Mo Mär 12, 2007 17:13

Thanks Gerard! Can we walk into Flic en Flac from the Sands do you know, and is it acceptable to drink in other hotel bars? I presume there are other hotels very close to us? We're not looking for busy nightlife as such, just a change of scenery for a couple of evenings and somewhere to have a stroll then a drink, maybe a meal.
pennys
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Ken » Mo Mär 12, 2007 20:54

Hi Pennys,

a great place in Flic-en-Flac is Ken Zibar if you like a small, I don't know what to call it but let's say pub, where they play some great live music on fridays and saturdays, not even to many tourists. I used to drive all the way from the south to go and chill their for an evening, that's about an hour drive. You've got to check it out!
Ken
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 3

Beitragvon pennys » Mo Mär 12, 2007 20:59

Sounds like just the sort of place we're looking for Ken - I'll definitely check it out. Cant' wait to go now, the area sounds great.
pennys
encor Basic
encor Basic

Sands Hotel

Beitragvon Gerard » Di Mär 13, 2007 0:37

Hi Pennys,
With reference to your query, you will be able to walk to the hotels close to the Sands resort but Flic en Flac is only about 5 mins ride in a taxi. To my knowlege there are taxis based at every hotel and most resorts have shuttle minibuses to take holidaymakers to various places of interest. If you have to use a taxi, it certainly will not cost very much. Please note that the price of drinks and meals cost much much more in resorts and hotels and the prices in smaller restaurants/ bars will be considerably cheaper. There are new restaurants opening all the time in the Flic en Flac and Tamarin area and the personel at the resort will gladly advise you where to go.
Regards,
Gerard.
ps: I will be going to the Flic en Flac area too at the end of october and I cannot wait :-)
Gerard

Bilder: 139

Beitragvon ud » Di Mär 13, 2007 12:40

Yeah,

Flic en Flac and Grand Baie are the 2 places I know which offer a proper nightlife.

Penny, Everything is well within walking distance in Flic en Flac so going out for tea or dinner shouldn't be a problem really.

Pubs, Clubs, Disco, Shops, Souvenirs, Shopping mall, Supermarket....you name it.

Will be back hopefully in December time for some well deserved rest and some long awaited fishing sessions.

Kind Regards

ud
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon pennys » Di Mär 13, 2007 13:11

Thanks all, you've put my mind at rest that I'll be able to wander out of the hotel in the evenings! Ud, you mentioned fishing - my partner would love to do some fishing from the beach while we're there but I had the impression that wouldn't really be very succesful - I take it you know otherwise?!

Hope you enjoy your trips there too by the way.
pennys
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon ud » Di Mär 13, 2007 16:39

Unsuccessful you say?

I've always caught fish at Flic en Flac believe it or not. The beauty of Flic en Flac, you see, is that you've got lovely sandy beaches on one side and rocky places on the other; the latter being the ideal spot for fishing.

Fishing is just a topic on its own. You might go through the other posts where I was discussing some spots with other tourists and fishing fanatics like myself.

You take care. September is not that far away.

Ohh I forgot to mention that you can actually google map find Flic en Flac and zoom on the beach. You'll get an insight.

ud
ud

Beitragvon pennys » Di Mär 13, 2007 17:09

Thanks Ud - I'll check out your other posts now, that'll please my other half!
pennys
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations