Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Review of Auberge Miko in Grand Baie

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Review of Auberge Miko in Grand Baie

Beitragvon eenelfje » Fr Jun 29, 2007 2:58

From 17 untill 27 June 2007 I have stayed in Auberge Miko in Grand Baie.

While there was just one website with a litlle bit of information about this Auberge I called the owner. He was very friendly on the telephone and answered all my questions. I immediately got a good feeling about this accomodation and booked it by sending a fax.

Review.

Mr Miko made sure there was a taxidriver with a minibus waiting for me at the airport on arrival at 5am and drove me to the Auberge.

Mr Miko was already waiting and I could check in immediately to have some sleep after a long flight. He did not charge me extra for the early check in.

I had booked a studio (1 person). The studio I got was spacious and got everything you need. A double bed (also a bunkbed), table, chairs, safe in the room, kitchenette, bathroom. The furniture is a little bit outdated but its good and everything is very clean. Cleaning is every day (except on Sunday) and change of bedlinnen and towels every 4 days.
The studio also had a big balcony with chairs and table.

The Auberge is located in a quiet street just behind the main street in the city centre of Grand Baie. The main street, the bay, all the main shops, banks, bus stops is within 5 min. walking distance (Super U is about 8 min. walk). So the location is excellent.
The only thing is...at night the last part of the street to walk to the Auberge is really dark. So it can feel a little bit uncomfortable to walk there but I walked there day and night (female, alone) and never felt unsafe !

The Auberge is also close to Hotel Les Orchidees.

Mr Miko and his family also live on the property so its very safe.

I just paid 400 rupees per night and 900 rupees for the airport transfer.
(A studio for 2 persons is 500 rupees per night and an appartement for 4 persons is 1000 rupees per night in Wintersaison). Im Highsaison its about 100 rupees more for a studio and about 300 rupees more for an appartment). The rooms all got ventilation but from December 2007 there will be airconditioning and then the prices will be just a little bit higher.

But all in all for the price, the Auberge itself, the location and the very friendly owners I can really reccomend it !

I myself had a wonderfull holiday for a very small price !

eenelfje
encor Basic
encor Basic

Bilder: 5

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » Fr Jun 29, 2007 10:01

I've always recommended that to people,

Why book five start hotels when you can rent bungalows and studios?

All that money you can save can be flushed at extending your stay....
ud
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Re: Review of Auberge Miko in Grand Baie

Beitragvon futons-a » Do Apr 28, 2011 7:20

Thank ..
futons-a
nouvo
nouvo

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations