Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

New Member!! Where to stay

All about Hotels and Accommodations

New Member!! Where to stay

Beitragvon Shell-e » Mo Apr 25, 2005 14:12

My partner and I wanted to know if anyone has any information on the following hotels....we cant decide where we want to stay...maybe someone can offer so advise which would tip the boat for us!

Beau Rivage
Dinarobin
Hilton Mauritius
Mauricia
Le Victoria

Im a big fan of large pools and i like Le Victoria, but ive heard the beach is made up of coral fragments and so its extremly painful to walk on barefoot?

I think my fav is Beau Rivage

:-?

Thanks!

Shell-e
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Tommy » Mo Apr 25, 2005 15:31

Your information is correct regards the beach at the Victoria. However, as there may be stonefish even close to the beach, which have a dangerous poison in their stings on the back so that you should wear rubber shoes in the water anyway.
I saw your other posting too. If you are out for nightlife, the Victoria will not be your choise. There is a nice show in the evening but no late dancing or barlife.

Best regards

Tommy
Viele Grüße

Tommy

Immer wieder gerne auf Mauritius und im Meer darunter ;-))
Tommy
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 79

Beitragvon Shell-e » Mo Apr 25, 2005 15:40

Thanks for the reply, to be honest im not bothered about nighlife, we will be going for our honeymoon so will be kept occupied ;)

I just want to know about the hotels (this post) and the island locations (other post) so any advise is helpful!
Shell-e
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Tommy » Mo Apr 25, 2005 16:26

In that case it may be worthwhile considering the Le Victoria. We have been there three times now and really like it.
There is a high percentage of couples coming there almost every year, which always is a good sign.
The place is perfectly managed, food is good, you will find a lot of choises looking at watersports, but also volleyball, Tennis and the like.
The hotel is a good basis for sightseeing, too.
You should always use a taxi for daytrips. They will charge you about 30-40 Pounds a day.
If you want to participate in organized tours, you should go to Grand Baie. There is an agency called Ebrahim tours, which we found both absolutely reliable and reasonably priced. Don't book any tours in the hotel or via your travel agent, the local choise will be much more attractive.

BR, Tommy
Viele Grüße

Tommy

Immer wieder gerne auf Mauritius und im Meer darunter ;-))
Tommy

Bilder: 79

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations