Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

Mauritius in October

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Mauritius in October

Postby octoberhols » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:25

I would love to go to Mauritius in October but have been getting conflicting reports from different people about the weather, it will be nice or it will be raining. I am looking for people who have been here in October who can let me know what the weather was like when they were there. I would be hoping to go the last two weeks in october.

Info Mauritius Annonce

Re: Mauritius in October

Postby julchen-panter » Wed Jul 21, 2010 19:46

Hey, i have been to Mauritius in October 2008 and 2009 but both times in was different. The first time in 2008 the weather was more nice with not too much rain but last year there were a lot of rain in October November. So you cant really say if it will rain or not. But its still a nice time to go to Mauritius because it is not too hot in October and it is not cold. You can swim in the sea, its still a bit fresh but it doesnt matter. And the nights are still colder than in summer which is good. So it can be very good weaterh without rain or there can be rain. But if you have time than you should visit Mauritius. I would never say that October is a bad time to visit the island. Its a year round destination.

So hope i could help you a little bit. If you have other questions just write me a message.

Bye Julia
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Postby NatalieF » Tue Aug 17, 2010 18:09

Every time I have been to Mauritius i have had different weather, and have been in October, November and December. Its a bit like the UK, you can never guarantee the weather. I am going this year for the last 2 weeks of October though!

Postby wickus » Thu Aug 19, 2010 17:47

One thing you can least it doesn't get cold here when it's raining. [lol]
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Postby sExpedition » Fri Jan 07, 2011 14:33

October is the start of the peak season in Mauritius but the weather is still variable. You can expect sunny days and cool evenings. Although October has low rainfall compared to the summer months, the sky can be overcast, particularly in the morning, and there can be a chilly wind. Any grey skies are usually burnt off by mid-morning, so enjoy a leisurely breakfast head out to the pool a bit later.

Climate in Mauritius in October
Average temperature in October ranges from 18 – 26°C, and the sea temperature will be around 24°C (75°F). Humidity is a comfortable 76%.

What’s on in Mauritius in October?
Most of the events and festivals which take place in Mauritius occur over the summer months.

What to pack.
Shorts and beach clothes for the day, but trousers and some light woolen clothes may be required for the cooler October evenings. Some hotels may require a jacket and long trousers for dining in the evening. Women should cover up when walking from the hotel to the beach. Plastic sandals are a good idea for swimming to avoid cutting your feet on the coral or stings from sea urchins.

encor Basic
encor Basic

Return to Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations