Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

legends

All about Hotels and Accommodations

legends

Beitragvon jill » So Sep 04, 2005 13:33

hi

Can anyone help me with some info. I plan to marry at legends next year. What is the hotel like. looks nice anyone been. Also not sure what month is best to go any sugestions.
many thanks for any info :-)

jill

Info Mauritius Annonce

Legends

Beitragvon Tashi3 » Mo Sep 05, 2005 16:32

Hi, I am going to Legends for my honeymoon (getting married at the Dinarobin). I have chosen Legends purely for the reason that I havent read a bad review about it - it looks absolutely fantastic. There are a lot of reviews and some pictures on http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... Gaube.html. Hope this helps x
Tashi3
jette ene coup d'oeil
jette ene coup d'oeil

Beitragvon jillandy » Mo Sep 05, 2005 22:06

Thanks tashi3

Will have a look at that website. When are you going on honeymoon
jillandy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Legends

Beitragvon Tashi3 » Mo Sep 05, 2005 23:24

The quotes we have received are from 24 September 2006 - it would mean us arriving at Legends on 2 October 2006. From what i understand the best times of year to go (if you like hot weather that is) is April, October and November. Let me know how you get on.
Tashi3
jette ene coup d'oeil
jette ene coup d'oeil

legends

Beitragvon jillandy » Mi Sep 07, 2005 12:10

Thanks tashi3

Picked either easter(april) or the end of september. We also like the weather hot. Had a look at Dinarabin it looks very nice. We plan to go to Legends and then on to Dubai. We could be there at same time. Are all your families going. We plan to just go on our own just the two of us.
jillandy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Tashi3 » Mi Sep 07, 2005 15:32

Hi Jillandy,

We are also planning to go on our own. We are going to say to people they are welcome to come, however we dont expect anyone else as it is quite a lot of money! Let me know when you decide to go and we may see you there!
Tashi3
jette ene coup d'oeil
jette ene coup d'oeil

Legends

Beitragvon Sue Court » So Sep 11, 2005 23:32

Hi, I have just registered with this site & felt that I should reply to your request for information about Legends. I have recently returned from a 2 week holiday at Legends & it is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! The hotel is beautiful, very clean, delicious food, happy smiling staff who want to make your holiday the best ever. I was not on honeymoon, but saw several weddings during my stay & all the couples seemed to be more than satisfied with the service. Mauritius is a beautiful place, but it was the hotel of Legends & the Mauritian people that made my holiday so very special..... we didn't want to leave! I have booked to go back to Mauritius next year (yep, I was THAT impressed) but to a different hotel, just for a change! I went to Mauritius in August (the middle of their winter) & the temperatures were in the low 80s; a little chilly in the evenings, so light weight cardigan or shirt sometimes needed; nice sea breezes all the time to prevent overheating on the beach; tropical rain showers lasting a few minutes; a little overcast in the mornings, but usually fine & sunny by mid morning. Hope all of this is helpful. Oh yes, the Spa is lovely, but the treatments quite expensive. Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel enough!!
Sue Court
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon jillandy » Mo Sep 12, 2005 23:04

Thanks sue for the info

Did you go all inclusive. Is it a hotel where you can get out and about or is it isolated. We also plan to go to dubai. Not booked yet but thinking of going in april 2006. Carnt wait :-)
jillandy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Legends

Beitragvon Sue Court » Di Sep 13, 2005 2:54

Hi Jill..... would strongly advise All Inclusive since a) this is very good value for money & b) all drinks, both alcoholic & non alcoholic are really quite expensive in the hotels, so it might eat into your holiday budget if not on AI. However, champagne is extra. You are allowed bottles of wine up to the value of 1100 rupees..... this works out at £22.00 a bottle..... pretty expensive if you love your wine!!! it doesn't matter how many bottles you get through a day either!! You can also have wine by the glass; the Grand Bleu Bar also has an extensive cocktail menu, most of which are covered in the all incl package; mini bar also included at Legends. Very easy to get out & about.... Legends (like all the other hotels) has their own fleet of taxis..... you order a taxi from the Concierge & it arrives within a few minutes to pick you up. The taxi is yours for as long as you want, all day if necessary; the drivers will take you anywhere; they even wait for you whilst you do your sightseeing and/or shopping. We went to grand baie twice & Port Louis once; wouldn't trust the buses; Mauritian drivers are on a par with the Italians..... they don't do breaking distances!!! Plan to do a lot more "out and about" type stuff next year. Should be nice weather in April..... pretty hot & more humid than in July/August. Watch out for tropical rain showers..... they don't last long, but can drench you in a few minutes. Visit Mauritius.com & click on hotels..... go down to Legends & look at the Gallery of pictures..... what you see is what you get..... and more besides!! Could wax lyrical about this place for ever & a day; I have never had a holiday like it before. Hope you manage to get to Legends... it's a very special place. Sue
Sue Court
encor Basic
encor Basic

legends

Beitragvon jillandy » Di Sep 13, 2005 21:52

Thanks sue for taking the time. I love wine any kind. The all inclusive sounds like a excellent option. Looked at loads of photos / pictures of legends just sounds like paradise. All i need to do now is book it. When do you plan to visit next year?
jillandy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Nächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations