Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

legends

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Legends

Beitragvon Sue Court » Fr Sep 30, 2005 1:26

Hi Jill...... yep, it's the truth Sunil really does come & clean the sunglasses!!! I nearly fell off my sunbed with shock the first day we were there!! I rather cheekily asked him to peel me a grape whilst he was at it!!! No need to take beach towels with you; they are provided free of charge by the hotel..... so more room to pack clothes in your case!! Actually, clothes shopping is really inexpensive in Mauritius, and you can buy really good designer stuff over there, so leave some space in your case..... I shall be taking virtually nothing with me next year, then buy a whole new wardrobe out there at a fraction of the cost..... well, that's the plan anyway, but I am something of a shopaholic!! Keep in touch & let me know how all the wedding preparations are going! All the best, Sue

Sue Court
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

legends

Beitragvon jillandy » Fr Sep 30, 2005 23:21

Hi Sue

Wow no need for beach towels. Plenty of room in my case. I am too a shopaholic. Designer clothes at discount prices feel like im going to heaven. Im a store manager live eat and breath fashion.

regards Jillx
jillandy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Legends

Beitragvon Sue Court » Sa Okt 01, 2005 1:51

Whoa Jill, you sound like a sensible kinda girl..... shopping is not a luxury. it's a necessity!!!!!! Which shop do you manage? Have you ever been to Bluewater in Kent....... complete & absolute heaven!!!! You will probably have been to Merryhill since I think you're from S Yorks; not been there myself; the best I can manage "locally" to me is Cribbs Causeway in Bristol....... I live in Cheltenham & we have more than a few designer shops to keep me happy!!!! Us girls are born to shop & I'm doing my best to educate my 15 yr old daughter into the nicities of retail therapy!!!! My Mum taught me all I need to know & I'm just passing on the good news, so to speak!! Save lots of dosh for Curepipe &/or Grand Baie in Mauritius..... FANTASTIC!! Didn't get to Curepipe this year, but I'm DEFINITELY going there in 2006 since it's supposed to be the shopping Mecca of Mauritius........thank God for Master Card & Barclaycard!!! Also HEAPS of great soft furnishings for the home in Mauritius... I bought THE MOST BEAUTIFUL bedspread from a shop in Grand Baie; the owner has an outlet in Legends & he (Toshkana; name of the shop) shows his wares on a Thursday evening in the hotel reception area. Also purchased a hand embroidered pashmina from him..... he used to have an outlet at Harrods until he decided that "Al Fayed" was taking too much of a cut for himself!! Wow.... how much more information can I give you about Mauritius & Legends?!!!!! Keep me posted! All the best, Sue
Sue Court
encor Basic
encor Basic

legends

Beitragvon jillandy » Mi Okt 05, 2005 16:08

sue

In our household shopping is a way of life. My daughter Laura (17) expects me to bring her bargins home daily. Shopping in the blood.Work for Mk one in my local town. Meadowhall is just a few junctions up the motorway. Where we often shop till we drop. Been to bluewater a few years ago when i worked for wallis a very nice shopping centre. Are the designer labels you can pick up in maurituis the originals or fake.

Jillx
jillandy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Legends

Beitragvon Sue Court » Do Okt 06, 2005 2:34

Hi Jill..... my daughter is also called Laura & I am doing my best to pass on the need for retail therapy! As I said before, designer labels are plentiful in Mauritius...... from what I could make out they were the genuine article, i.e. those in the proper brand shops, but the "labels" in the markets might not be kosher!! I heard rumours that one of the designers, ?Lacoste had to close down their outlet in Mauritius because of imitation type products, but I might have false information..... & it might not have been Lacoste. Watch out for "the factory shops".... there is one on the way to Legends.... not expensive, but you think you might be getting something "designer"... only to find that the label at the bottom of the garment said "Made for George at Asda in Mauritius!!!!!" I was more than a little p****d off!!! Also, Laura was given a T shirt from Top Shop (in the UK) for her birthday..... & that was Made in Mauritius! However, all that aside, if you go to the better class shops in Grand Baie, Port Louis & Curepipe, or the hotel boutiques, then you will be able to pick up plenty of bargains... at very reasonable prices..... I bought 2 designer mens shirts in Grand Baie for the grand total of £27:00.

If you want some pre holiday information, then I can recommend Insight Guides: Mauritius, Reunion & Seychelles.... £16.99 in Ottakars Bookshop; also Globetrotter Mauritius by Martine Maurel from Tesco on line... I paid £6.99 for that! Reading these guides helps me through the thought of dark winter months & the anticipation of a brilliant holiday come the summer of 2006! Hope all is well with you, all the best, Sue
Sue Court
encor Basic
encor Basic

Vorherige

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations