Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

legends

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Legends

Beitragvon Sue Court » Di Sep 13, 2005 22:57

Hello again Jill...... going back to Mauritius in July next year; went in August this year; weather just right for me coz I don't really like it searingly hot!!! Was advised that the "winter" (July & August) months better for us Europeans since the temps are still up in the low to mid 80s, but the humidity is much lower than in their summer; also less rain; need to avoid typhoons which are more of a problem in their summer!! However, I'll bet that June or October would be fantastic Still got an excellent (very expensive looking) suntan..... definitely a different colour to that obtained in Spain or Greece....... or is that just me being a horrible snob?!!!!! When are you planning to get married..... I would go for June or October, but hey, anytime is a good time to get married in Mauritius!! Me, I'm just an old fogey who will be travelling as a single parent with a teenager in tow!!!! This might be the last holiday we can have together since by 2007 she will be wanting to do the club scene in Ibiza, no doubt!! Keep me posted on your progress..... get it all booked early to take advantage of all possible discounts!! I went with Thomas Cook Signature this year & am doing the same next year.... they were brilliant & they have got me a very good deal. Going to Maritim in 2006 coz I think there might be a few more teenagers there compared to Legends. Of course, if you get married at Legends between the 9th July & 24th July, we could always be your witnesses!!!!! Only joking!! Hope it all works out for you. All the best, Sue

Sue Court
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

legends

Beitragvon jillandy » Di Sep 13, 2005 23:12

Thanks again sue your info. Our second choice was maritim. Another fantastic hotel. We are also thinking of booking out of the signature thomas cook brochure. MY partner is doing his final year on his degree. Thats why we are not sure of the booking time. Easter is only a possiblity at this point. Not sure if mauritian winter will be hot enough for us. Like it hot. Then we decided on end of september but also going to oasis beach in dubai its ramadam. Advised not to go then. Just really need to decide before its all booked up.
jillandy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Legends

Beitragvon Sue Court » Di Sep 13, 2005 23:27

Hiya Jill..... difficult one as regards the temperature..... it was certainly hot enough for me..... occasionally a little too hot in the day, but the evenings were pleasantly cool. There is a fairly stiff breeze at Legends, but it made life very comfortable, especially when getting ready for supper. it was really nice not to be sweating like mad after a shower! Don't get me wrong, I love Spain & Greece & the high temps, but Mauritius in August was really comfortable..... for the first year in ages i didn't get the dreaded prickly heat...... still needed to use SPF 25 for the 1st week & then down to SPF 15. Had also visited the sunbed before going on hols, so skin was well primed! Keep in touch. Sue
Sue Court
encor Basic
encor Basic

legends

Beitragvon jillandy » Mi Sep 14, 2005 0:07

Sue

I am so confused when to go. Been told in the winter months it can be breezy and cool. What time does it get dark been told 4 ish. Just trying to get the perfect time. Now you tell me about your fantastic tan maybe winter will be fine. Have you got any photos of your time at legends. If so could i be cheeky and ask you to email me a few. jill.deakes@btinternet.com

Thanks again for your help

Jill
jillandy
encor Basic
encor Basic

legends

Beitragvon jillandy » Mi Sep 28, 2005 10:58

Thanks for all your help sue. All booked for the 7th of June 2006 to legends then on to oasis beach in Dubai. Anyone else out there getting married at legends
jillandy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Legends

Beitragvon Sue Court » Do Sep 29, 2005 11:45

Jill..... glad you have got everything booked up for your wedding. I would think that June in Mauritius will be fantastic; hope you have a great time! Will post a few photos via Kodak Easy Share for you to look at, but I won't send the whole collection since there's over 400 photos!!! When you are at Legends, keep an eye open for Jevin one of the waiters in the Ginko restaurant; he is lovely & always has a smile on his face despite working up to 18 hrs a day; also Nitish & Ritish in the Grand Bleu bar & Sunil, the Head Man on the beach who comes round cleaning your sunglasses!!! They probably won't remember me & my daughter Laura,(we were there with my best mate from school.. Anne & her youngest daughter, Stephanie) but send on our warmest regards anyway & tell them that we are returning to Mauritius to the Maritim in July! Would be interested to hear what you think of Dubai. All the best; let me know how it all goes. Sue
Sue Court
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Tashi3 » Do Sep 29, 2005 20:35

Hi Sue,

I have also now booked my honeymoon at Legends for next October. Was wondering if I could also be really cheeky and ask that you send me some of the pictures that you send Jill on tashi3@hotmail.co.uk.

Thank you very much in anticipation.

Natasha x
Tashi3
jette ene coup d'oeil
jette ene coup d'oeil

Legends

Beitragvon Sue Court » Do Sep 29, 2005 21:24

Hi Tashi...... no probs.... will send the photos via Kodak Easy Share so that you can view them more easily. October in Mauritius will be lovely too, I'm sure....... all you lucky people getting married in such a beautiful place!! You will have a wonderful day to remember always. If I was to ever get married again, then I would definitely head off to Mauritius..... it's paradise! Keep me posted & let me know what you think of the photos. All the best, Sue
Sue Court
encor Basic
encor Basic

legends

Beitragvon jillandy » Do Sep 29, 2005 23:37

Hi Sue

Thanks for the fantastic photographs. It is really a beautiful place. Im so excited. I will take a print off to take with us and show jevin ritish and nitish if they are still there. Do they really come round and clean your glasses.

Jill x
jillandy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Tashi3 » Fr Sep 30, 2005 1:10

Thank you so much for sending me those photos Sue,

The hotel looks absolutely wonderful and I am so excited, I just cant wait. We are getting married at the Dinarobin on Le Morne Peninsula in the southwest and staying there for the last week of September 2006, we will then be staying at Legends for the first two weeks of October for our honeymoon and am really glad that we are going to get a chance to experience this fantastic hotel. I dont think i have seen a bad word about it, your photos look great and am really looking forward to it!

Thank you again

Natasha x
Tashi3
jette ene coup d'oeil
jette ene coup d'oeil

Info Mauritius Annonce

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations