Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Easy to find a bed for a night?

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Easy to find a bed for a night?

Beitragvon chino » Sa Okt 01, 2005 18:05

Hi, i have got some cheap flights (£250 return) and i am coming to Mauritius on the 13th of October for 2 weeks. I am doing the backpacking thing as such i have a very limited budget and i was wondering is it easy to find a room for a night ?
If so what prices should a pay, as i know i will not pay the local prices though i like to limit how much i get ripped off by!

I am landing at 5am so i should be out just before sun rise so will i be able to get a local bus at this time? Do the bus's run from airport?

Where would you say is a good place to start for the first night (ie little travelling?) which is not full of 5* hotels as i would rather mix with the locals and see how they live than he in a hotel.

What are the prices for a beer (local) or a local rum and coke in a local bar/ beach shack?

Sorry for all the questions though i am just trying to find out what it will be like as i normally dont have anywhere booked when i arrive but i like to know where to go and where not to! Also a guide on prices will help me not get ripped off so much as i have been ripped off before in other countries.

Thanks in advance....

Mark

chino
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon nelle » So Okt 02, 2005 21:50

hi,

you will find a bus stop outside the airport - not too far to walk. but are you sure that you will take the public bus??? it depends on your luggage and on the place you will be going to ... i'd recommend to take a taxi.

think it might be difficult to immigrate without an address where you will stay. once i forgot to put the address of the place i stayed in the form you get on the aircraft and that you have to show at the immigration - the officer was not really happy about this. i had to give the name, the address and the phone number of the people i stayed with before i was allowed to pass ...

see you,
nelle
nelle
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon chino » So Okt 02, 2005 23:56

Thanks for that info, i think i have found somwhere for the first few nights and i will just give them that address though i will travel around. I don't mind getting the local bus as all i will have is a backpack and one bag plus looking at what other people have said most taxi's will be atleast 25 pounds / 40 euros and that is too much for me (well i have enough but dont want to spend that much).

Thanks again.

Mark
chino
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon nelle » Mi Okt 05, 2005 13:42

hi mark,

so enjoy your holiday!!! hope you will have a mavellous time.

i'll have to wait some more weeks ...

c u,
nelle
nelle
moris explorater
moris explorater

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations