Info Mauritius        
Travel Info Mauritius

Webcam Mauritius

Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Cote D'Azur - hotel and appartments (Pereybere)

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Cote D'Azur - hotel and appartments (Pereybere)

Beitragvon pepe » Fr Jan 23, 2004 17:34

Hello,
I'm planning my trip in May. I got an offer from Cote D'Azur in Pereybere and thinking what to choose: either hotel room or 1 bedroom holiday flat. I'm wondering if you know this place. What is your opinion about this?

Greetings,
piotr
pepe
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon anne » Fr Jan 23, 2004 21:09

Hi pepe

do xou know the website?

http://www.hotelcotedazur.com/home.html

I saw the hotelrooms, they are nice,
but in the rooms with balcony to the street , there you can hear the traffic early in the morning.

greetings anne
anne
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 0

Beitragvon pepe » Sa Jan 24, 2004 0:23

Thank You Anne. Yes, I know the website. My question is more like:
- is it nice location (close to beach)
- how about Pereybere: is it a place worth spending half of the holidays
- is it worth te price of some 50 usd per nigh per appartment or are there any better recommended places?
By the way, I explored your website and like it a lot (lots of practical information). Unfortunatelly don't speak German, so cannot follow German forum.
Let me ask you a couple of questions.
I'm planning three weeks in Mauritius with my wife (first stay). I had been in Port Louis and surroundings for 2 days 10 years ago (business trip), but I had only some 8 hours to explore the area and finally I'm coming back, hopefully to fall in love with the Island.
I was planning half of vacation in Trou aux Biches or Paraybere and the second half in Flic en Flac (or somewhere else close to the south). My second idea for Flic en Flas is Klondike Village - what do you think about that. The idea is to swim, snorkel, visit local restaurants and explore the whole Island (therefore two places not to travel too much). Do you have any other suggestions about the acxcomodation places?
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Greetings,
piotr
pepe
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon anne » Sa Jan 24, 2004 1:16

Hi pepe

you can follow the german forum:
open the german postings and
press the english flag on the top of the right side and you will get the automatic translation in english :ploppop
This website is in english too,
here is the link for the english translation of the bungalows of this website.

http://www.info-mauritius.com/english/Bungalows.htm

The Cote d'Azur Hotel is nice, you must go over the street to the beach ,1 minute.
The only thing what is not so good, if your room is to the street, traffic early in the morning.
The 50€ are for 2 person or more, for 1 or 2 rooms?

The beach is good for swimming and snokeling from a boat.
The main beach is full, but on the left side of the HibiscusHotel is another beach, very silent.
Pereybere is worth of spending holidays, I was also 2 times there

Very nice is Mont Choisi, there is a long beach Trou aux Biches - Mont Choisi 4 km.
This is my favorite village.
On this website you find also apartements in Mont Choisi. 3 min to the beach.

For the south, ask Stefanie from this forum, she stays always there.
Her mail,
ilemaurice001@hotmail.com

www.mauritian-dreams.de.vu

I give you her mail, because she is not often online, her pc stopped working.
But she can answered on monday.

greetings anne
anne

Beitragvon pepe » Sa Jan 24, 2004 3:26

Hi Anne!
Cote D'Azur have also Holiday flats (2-room studios) in the garden. Due to your suggestion that hotel rooms are facing the busy street I think I'll choose the flat. The price is in fact 30EUR per (1 room) hotel room and 35 EUR per (2 room) flat without meals. I have to admit that I always appreciate to taste different local restaurants during holidays. I was also thinking about your favourite "La Cocoteraie". They have their 2-person studios in the garden with or withoutr aircondition. They claim the studios are a little far from the pool somewhere in the garden. You know them perfectly - can you describe it also for me (their price is 35EUR per studio or 45 EUR incl. air condition). Are they different (aircon and non-aircon)? Do you think aircondition would be necessary in May? How about the distance to Mont Choisy/Trou aux Biches from the "Cocoteraie". I'd also like to snorkel directly form the beach. Is it possible from Pereybere or Trou aux Biches or shall I charter a boat? I'll appreciate your practical comments.
Then about restaurants: which place is better for "budget traveler": Pereybere or Mont Choisy. Once again I mean some 40 EUR per dinner for two. And off course where in your opinion is better "local" climate to feel the "heart of the Island".
By the way, thanks for the contact regarding South - I'll try it before Monday.
In fact we'd like to visit those places like Trou aux Cerfs, Tamarind Falls, Chamarel, Gorges de la Rivere Noire, Rochester Falls, la Vanille, etc. Do you have other suggestions on maybe non-touristic places (north, east or south) which fascinated you. And by the way, is Ile aux Cerfs worth visiting or shall we skip it as it so much commercial?
Hope I did not kill you with that many questions.
Take care...
Greetings,
piotr
pepe
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon anne » Mo Jan 26, 2004 16:07

Hi

The rooms of the Cote d'Azur Hotel to the garden are silent.

The garden of the Cocoteraie is small, in front of the pool there are the bungalows and behind them, there is the house with the different app.
The rooms and app. are the same, the different is only one with fan and the other one with ac.
In may you don't need ac.
La Cocoteraie ist in Mont Choisi and Mont Chois is close to Trou aux Biches.
You can walk along the beach arround 4 km

For snorkeling, it is very nice in pereybere from the boat, also possible and nice from the beach, right hand from the main beach, but pay attention, there are stonefishes and many big stones, better is really from a boat.

For 40 € for 2 ,you will get in many restaurants good food in mru
take a look to the restaurantlist, here by sunnysideup,

200 MUR - 6 €

Restaurants in Mauritius

non-touristic places: in the north: go to the market of Goodlands
the Ile aux Cerfs is much commercial, but take a look there, attention. food and drinks are extremly expensive!!!!!!!!

many greetings anne
anne

Pereybere / Mon Choisy - to Anne

Beitragvon pepe » Mo Jan 26, 2004 17:45

Hi again Anne,
Many thanks for your tips.
Due to your suggestions we decided to stay skip Flic en Flac in the north, therefore half of the holidays we'll spend in Pereybere and the second half in Mont Choisy/Trou aux Biches from where we'll plan some excursions. I contacted La Cocoteraie, but they don't accept the credit cards as a guarantee for booking. I found also other place which should be very close to le Cocoteraie, were I can book with the credit card. It's called "Beach Villas", located on the beach of Mont Choisy and is some 300-400 meters from La Cocotteraie.
There is also other place close to the road, and (as the travel office say) is very near to La Cocoteraie which is called Villas Mont Choisy. They are shown on website:
http://www.gbtt.com/
Have you seen it? What's your impression then about those accomodations and its surroundings?
Greetings,
piotr
pepe
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon anne » Mo Jan 26, 2004 18:17

Hi pepe

I know them both

they are good, but more expensive, the best is the Beach Villas.

only the beach in front of the beach villas has many stones, but some stepps to the side, there will be nice beach

If you will stay in Pereybere and Mont Choisi, both villages are in the north

10 km away.
I thin it is better , if you will change the acc , stay in the north and than in the south

greetings anne
anne

Beitragvon mempep » Di Jan 27, 2004 16:19

Pepe

Have just sent you a private message re experience at Cote d'Azur.

While in Mauritius had a weekend at Trou Aux Biches in apartments just down road from the large hotel (on the beach), across the road from supermarket. 2 minutes to buses (to Pt Louis, Grand Bay & Pereybere). 1 minute to boat hires etc. Was available from gbtt was 1900R/night. Fully self contained with caretaker and house staff.

In May it is near cheapest time of year and you can almost pick and choose accomodation.

In Pereybere can get cheap apartments for approx 300 - 500R/ night (Hotel Anoushka an example) though accomodation is basic. 1 mionute to beach, 4-5minutes to public beach, tourist area of restaurants & bars

Good restaurant selections, etc in Grand Baie, Pereybere. There were some restaurants in Trois Aux Biches area but didn't get to experience those.

Recommend if you can to book and pay for as little time as you can in case you choose to move to other places. Though I wouldn't recommend this in peak seasons.
mempep
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon anne » Di Jan 27, 2004 16:29

Hi

(Hotel Anoushka an example) though accomodation is basic. 1 mionute to beach, 4-5minutes to public beach, tourist area of restaurants & bars

For Anushka bring your own maid with you, it is not clean, but cheap yes.
This you must know.

The 4-5 min to the publik beach is a running time,
normally you need 20 min to walk.

greetings anne
anne

Info Mauritius Annonce

Nächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations