Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Coin de Mire hotel

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Coin de Mire hotel

Beitragvon pjanet » Do Jun 23, 2005 23:21

Dear All,

I'm planning my vacation in October. I got an offer from Coin de Mire hotel with price 57EUR per night in 1 bedroom room. I'm wondering if you know this place and it is worth those money. What is your opinion about hotel and place ?
Maybe some of you know any other cheaper places to stay but nicer then Coin de Mire hotel.
I am planning diving for one week and another week spending on visiting as much as I can on Mauritius.

Thank you in advance
Piotrek

pjanet
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon stefan » Do Jul 28, 2005 12:19

nicer and cheaper seems to be a little difficult, as it sounds a good price for me.
regards
stefan
stefan
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 164

coin de mire

Beitragvon Bartek » Fr Jul 29, 2005 15:39

cześć Piotrek,

since only few users speak Polish, I'm writting in English;)

If you could inform us what's included in your rate, it would be a little bit easier to compare with other accomodations. 57 Euros seems to be quite cheap, but it depends on the services offered within this rate.

Best regards

Bartek
Bartek
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 6

Beitragvon nelle » So Aug 14, 2005 21:57

hi piotrek,

think 57 EUR per night/person at the coin de mire hotel is quite cheap and it's ok if it includes half board. you get breakfast from the buffet, diner one day is served as menu, the other day it's buffet. during high season, if there are lots of clients, it's buffet every day. the rooms are clean, the staff is nice and helpful - i really like the coin de mire. furhtermore, it is situated near to a bus stop so that you don't need a taxi if you want to go to places.

cannot imagine you will get a cheaper accomodation offering the same than cdm.

so long,
nelle
nelle
moris explorater
moris explorater

coin de mire

Beitragvon anet » Mo Aug 15, 2005 14:41

Hi Nellie
We are due to stay at Coin de mire March 2006, can you tell me what the beach is like there and if you can swim off the beach as we noticed lots of small boats there in the pics of it. Is it possible to hire any of the boats?
Many thanks
Annette :cool:
anet
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon nelle » Mo Aug 15, 2005 20:06

hi annette,

well, there are certainly more pretty beaches in mauritius than the one at coin de mire. sometimes, depending on the tide, it is a little narrow. you can swin off fom there, no problem to go out between the small fishing boats, but there are some stones and in the water it is a little muddy. but if you go left or right some minutes, you will reach small places where it is nice and sandy to swim off. or, for example, pereybère beach is about 20/30min to walk, 5min by bus, there you will find a small but nice beach.

i was told that the catamarans you see on the pictures belong to an operator who offers trips by catamaran. but they don't go out every day, maybe one or two of them leave once or twice a week. the small fishing boats belong to fishermen. i've never seen someone else going out with them.

there is a small boat and a glass bottom boat belonging to coin de mire. the glass bottom boat usually goes out in the afternoon for a snorkelling trip. but even if you just want to go for a swim or want to stay on the boat you can join the trip. it is included in the rate you pay for the room.

if you want to go out by the small boat of the hotel, ask the guys who work at the coin de mire boathouse. if it is possible, if they have time, they take out to swim or to snorkel to other places than those where they go by the official trip - but you must pay, it's not included.

Moreover, you can take the bus in front of the hotel and go to some other beautiful and sandy beaches. It will take you only a few minutes and the bus is quite cheap.

see you,
nelle
nelle
moris explorater
moris explorater

Zurück zu Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations