Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

Belle Mare Plage Prestige room.

All about Hotels and Accommodations

Belle Mare Plage Prestige room.

Postby brian123 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 17:38

My name is brian and i'm from Ireland.

I am getting married Oct 27 this year and we are going to this hotel for our honeymoon.

I am staying on Half Board. Is it worth while to go all Inclusive ?

Some people say its very expensive on half board and your ripped off with the price of beer and food.

Any help on this would be great.

Info Mauritius Annonce

Postby thermo » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:18

Whilst I haven't stayed in any hotel in Mauritius, I can tell you that there is little to do after dark on the East Coast of Mauritius, where Belle Mare is located. If you are willing to travel a lot (hire car, taxi), you can generally get relatively decent cheap food elsewhere. But the bad news is that you will have very little alternative for food and entertainment unless you travel far for it.
moris explorater
moris explorater

Postby brian123 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 17:37

Thanks for the information.

To be honest just lazing about on the beach will do me fine.

I'd would say a taxi around would be the option i'd go if we decide to venture afar.

Many thanks

Postby Woo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:40

Hi Brian,

Congratulations on your impending nuptials.

The things to consider here are:

1) Whether you anticipate eating out much during your stay. Given that, apart from other hotels, there is not very much else in that area, restaurant-wise, you're likely to be eating in most nights, if not every night.

2) If you intend getting out and about most days then you're probably going to be having lunch out, so you'd be losing value there.

Bottom line, if you're going to be hanging out at the hotel most of the time (and this IS your honeymoon after all :wink) ) then I'd recommend going AI. Drinks and food WILL be expensive at the hotel.

Good luck!

encor Basic
encor Basic

Postby dylan12 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:23

I went to bRL MARE 2 Weeks ago on half board at le palmaria and i am from south africa , All your food and drink prices is in euro ex Beer will be 6 euro coke 3 euros water bottel 3 euros lunch will be from 8 to 19 euros
do not take anything from the fridge in the room please just check if you pay for coffe or tea in the room that is normaly 2 euros per use,

All hotels got entertament in the evenings and happy hours by one get one free on coctails 6 Euros

Got to the following places near hotel called Flac there is an super market store where you pay 5 time cheaper for the same goods at hotel and put it in the fridge

The taxis can take you there they wil ask you about 700 ropies

Try to avoid taxi to take you to all the shops let me tell you you will walk with an bag out of there and they get comm on it

ALL members at the hotel will also have friens that know friends for cheaper prices to do sertain things ask your barman but try to get other prices aswell to compare

hope this helps

o yes try the iland hoping will cost you about 150 eurois for the hole day food included and transfers from hotel back to hotel :ploppop

encor Basic
encor Basic

Postby brian123 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 15:57

Thanks Very much for that info.

Its good to know.

Can you tell me if the water sports are Free?

And overall how would you say your time was there very good /. good / or just ok.

Return to Mauritius Hotels - Accommodations