Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Wind / Money

for our english speaking user.

Wind / Money

Beitragvon janeo » Di Jul 19, 2005 18:04

Hi, I'm travelling to the Marina Resort & Club, Anse La Raie next week which I was told is about 15 mins from Grand Baie. I asked specifically for a non windy part of the island. Is Anse La Raie on the North side of the Island (I asked for West coast) and will it be very windy? Also is the sea cold at this time of year? Finally from a UK travelling point of view, is it better to take sterling, dollars, euros or change up to Rupees? Thanks in advance for your advise!

janeo
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Tommy » Di Jul 19, 2005 20:24

Hi, I can't help regards your question about the wind conditions.
Talking money, it won't matter which currency you take wit you, as they convert each currency against the current rate. If you have a bank-card with the maestro sign on it, you will find it more preferrable to use it to collect money from the moneyteller machines, which clearly is the best deal for you. There are enough teller machines spread over he island, the first one can be found outside the airport and there are lots of them in Grand Baie.

Kind regards

Tommy
Viele Grüße

Tommy

Immer wieder gerne auf Mauritius und im Meer darunter ;-))
Tommy
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 79

money

Beitragvon janeo » Di Jul 19, 2005 20:28

thanks Tommy,

I want to take cash with me or travellers cheques - I guess I'll need some rupees, however, is it better to take dollars, sterling or euros?
janeo
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon janeo » Di Jul 19, 2005 20:30

I forgot to mention that there's no fee at UK post offices to change money although you're still subject to the exchange rate at the time. I'm sure in Mauritius I'll be charged a fee in addition to the exchange rate.
janeo
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Tommy » Di Jul 19, 2005 20:39

Yes, you are right. There will be a charge for the service. The exact amount depends on the schedule of the service provider. We have exchanged both US and Euros, both was satisfying with regard to the exchange rate. Depending on the amount of money you want to change you should try to negotiate a better rate. Experience shows that you can easily earn a drink or two by doing so.

Kind regards

Tommy
Viele Grüße

Tommy

Immer wieder gerne auf Mauritius und im Meer darunter ;-))
Tommy

Bilder: 79

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English