Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Wedding in Sep 07 - Help Needed......

for our english speaking user.

Beitragvon NickB » Mi Apr 18, 2007 20:57

Hi,
I'm a newbe here so will introduce myself as I put out a plea for help with our planned wedding in Sep 2007.
My name is Nick and I am hoping to marry my fiancee, Helen, in Mauritius later this year. We have booked our flights and accommodation at La Pirogue hotel for ourselves and 7 guests - so far so good.
But then we were informed that La Pirogue dont have any available wedding cereomony dates during our stay. We also investigaeted the possiblility of using the sister hotel, Suger Beach, but they also dont have any availability.
So please, does anyone know of an individual or organisation that may be able to offer us our dream wedding. We plan to arrive on Sat 1st Sep and so will need to have the ceremony towards the end of the week, say Thu 6th or Fri 7th September. We will need help with the legalities as well as the day itself.
As well as Helen and myself, there will be 7 other guests, close family only, and they will stay with us until Sat 8th and we are planning on returning the UK on 13th Sep.
If anyone has any thouights or ideas, I would be very grateful as we have set our hearts on getting married in such a wonderful place.
Look forward to hearing from someone soon.
Many thanks
Nick

NickB
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Gerard » Mi Apr 18, 2007 22:21

Hi NickB,
Sorry to hear of your predicament, I find it strange that they cannot fit you in for the wedding! Did you originally book a wedding package? The hotels do have special arrangements for weddings ( At extra cost ) but you have to arrange same when you book the holiday. Maybe if you contact La Pirogue again and offer to pay the extra fee, maybe they they can come to some arrangements!
I do hope that this problem can be resolved soon and I am certain that it will with some assistance from our friends of this forum,
Good Luck,
Gerard :cool:
Keep smiling and the world will smile back :)
Twitter id: Morisien06
Gerard
servi souvent moris forum

Bilder: 139

Beitragvon NickB » Do Apr 19, 2007 13:57

Gerard,
Many thanks for your reply. We booked the flights and accommodation on the condition that the wedding dates we wanted would be available.

However, we have discovered that La Pirogue (& Sugar Beach, for that matter) do not have any wedding dates available during our stay. We could get our deposit back but we are very limited as to dates that we can travel and visit the Mauritius with all our party.

So, as we have confirmed flights and a hotel, we are investigating the possibility of using another agency/person to help us with all the arrangements for the wedding.

So, if there is anyone out there that may be able to help us, we would love to hear from you.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this.

Nick & Helen
NickB
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Do Apr 19, 2007 18:09

Hi Nick, Hi Helen,

From what I've understood, I guess you might want to look for another hotel which has got everything already bundled in a package but this time with the wedding dates available (it should be cheaper than having a 3rd party organising at La Pirogue I would imagine).

Unfortunately, I don't know of any organisation or person arranging for the wedding but I've come across this website. Try have a look in case you've missed it.

+++HOTELS AND WEDDING PACKAGES+++

http://www.mauritius.com/Offer/Weddings/2007/?Link=Wedding&PageF=Wedding

+++ADMIN REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS+++

http://www.mauritius.com/Offer/Weddings/legaladmin.shtml?Link=Wedding&PageF=Wedding

Good Luck

udester
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon NickB » Do Apr 19, 2007 23:59

Hi, Ud,
Thanks for your reply however we are awkard are things are fairly complex with our party.
Our dates are fairly limited as to when we can travel. We did a lot a reasearch with regard to hotels and La Pirogue suits us best with the mix of ages and families etc! (don't ask any more, believe me, it's a complicated situation trying to fit in with everyone!!!)
We have a few feelers out with a couple of contacts we have on the Island so I'll let you know how we get on.
However, in the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, do let us know.
Thanks again, Nick & Helen
NickB
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Fr Apr 20, 2007 10:02

Ohh I see,

Well Best Of Luck then!!!!

Make sure you post some pics of the Wedding e.t.c ehehhehe!

udester
ud

Success

Beitragvon NickB » Fr Mai 18, 2007 18:20

Just thought I'd let you know that we have found a company that will put together a wedding package for us in September - hooray :-)

If anyone else wants any information then please do get in touch. The company is called Elegant Destinations, web site : http://www.elegantdestinations.co.uk/ and they a representative on the Island.

They have been very helpful so far, listened to what we want, been swift with answers and replies, taylored the package to our requirments and we can now look forward to getting our dream wedding (and holiday) in paradise.

The company have recommended and arranged for us to have a meal at the Domaine Anna Restaurant following our ceremony. Does anyone have any information about this restaurant - good or not so good?

Just got to wait until 1 Sep before we can come and enjoy your Island!

Cheers for now,
Nick & Helen
NickB
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Fr Mai 18, 2007 19:50

Hi Nick

All good news!

I used to go and have tea at domaine Anna every fortnight or so and I guarantee u that the Chinese cuisine over there is really quality!

The owner of Domaine Anna also owns one restaurant in Quatre-Bornes town center, its called King Dragon or something like that and their chinese cuisine is the best in Mauritius.

Look at this link below!
Domaine Anna Info and Pics

Well I hope you enjoy yourself.

take care

udester
ud

Beitragvon Gerard » Fr Mai 18, 2007 20:13

Hi Helen&Nick,
That's excellent news, you must be relieved that this problem has been sorted out, I'm very pleased for you both and I am certain that everything will be fine. Despite the initial problems you had re- the booking,I can assure you that most people in Mauritius are very friendly and welcoming and will ensure that your stay is most pleasent and memorable. The weather should be perfect at this time of the year even if this cannot be guaranteed.
Have a nice holiday,have a nice wedding and I wish you all the best for the future.
Best regards,
Gerard :-)
Keep smiling and the world will smile back :)
Twitter id: Morisien06
Gerard

Bilder: 139

friend from mauritius

Beitragvon mauritianboy » Di Jun 26, 2007 13:51

hello, am ritesh from mauritius island . well ill be able to help you out . first of all, y dont you see for other hotels like coco beach, belle mare plage .
but i'll suggest you something
you can book a nice bungalow near beach. am saying this as i know such places where you step to beach from your bungalow. you will receive your guest well . for the catering you will have many catering services in private with one of the best services offered. for the official matter also , no ned to worry, they will be there waiting for you . well, i can assure you that apart hotel, u can also have good service. ill help you out , if u accept me as a friend .
well am ritesh, 25 yrs , working and studying also. am not here for business with you ass handle business in agriculture .
just drop me a message and i'll help you out .
bye and hope to hear back aoon
mauritianboy
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Nächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English