Info Mauritius        
Travel Info Mauritius

Webcam Mauritius

Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

A warning -to be forwarned is to be forearmed!!!!

for our english speaking user.

A warning -to be forwarned is to be forearmed!!!!

Beitragvon locallady » So Okt 03, 2010 7:35

From a friend I heard the following which took place in Mauritius recently, I can't vouch for it personally but it is certainly worth noting:

DRIVERS BEWARE
Please be informed and be careful on road. THIS IS HAPPENING IN MAURITIUS!!!!

Sad, especially if you are inclined to 'help' people...

While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car. There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.

Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!!

DIAL 9-9-9

AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT

locallady
moris explorater
moris explorater

Info Mauritius Annonce

Re: A warning -to be forwarned is to be forearmed!!!!

Beitragvon locallady » So Okt 03, 2010 8:06

Sorry folks posted originally in good faith but have just discovered this is a hoax-check it out on Snopes!!!!
locallady
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon Angel » So Okt 03, 2010 18:53

That might be a hoax and the source not serious. But this tactic is being used everywhere in the world and is a common strategy.

I would never stop anywhere on the streets at night. Will always call the police immediately. Most of my friends with cars in Mauritius even lock their cardoors always when driving, especially the women.

Therefore the advise is good.
Angel
mari bon connaisance lor moris
mari bon connaisance lor moris

Bilder: 0

Beitragvon ud » Mi Dez 22, 2010 16:38

Hello,
Hoax or not, it sounds purely feasible to me.
I know people got done by trying to help elderly people who had their sons waiting to bash them up and steal from the owner and the vehicle.
I would never advise a lady travelling alone to stop at night to try help someone especially a stranger stranded on the side of the road on a non-busy road.

Regards
ud
ud
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English