Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Vaccinations and Malaria

for our english speaking user.

Vaccinations and Malaria

Beitragvon anet » Mo Aug 29, 2005 19:22

Please can anyone advise me if injections and malaria tablets are needed for mauritius, as have seen several conflicting info on different forums. It shows on some sites that there is malaria in central mauritius. Thanks :!:

anet
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Stony » Mo Aug 29, 2005 23:05

As far as I know, Mauritius does NOT require Malaria vaccination. I have not heard of any cases, but maybe our friends living on the island can help you further. However, I have been there a couple times with the family and we had no issues at all.

Best,
Tony
Don't Drink and Navigate! &
Skype don't type ;-)
Also - wenn Sie DAS Lesen können brauchen Sie keine Brille .......
Stony
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 27

Beitragvon nelle » Mo Aug 29, 2005 23:23

hi,

don’t think you will need special vaccinations when travelling to mauritius. just check if protection as you get it in europe too against diseases like tetanus, polio and diphtheria still is efficacious. protection against hepatitis is also recommended. but all these vaccinations you don’t need especially when travelling to mauritius, they are recommended in general when travelling wherever. as far as i know you won’t need neither anything against malaria, there’s no more malaria in Mauritius. the first time i came to mauritius, i think it was about five years ago, i took some tablets against malaria with me – just for case of emergency. i did not need them and decided to leave them at the hotel the day of departure, i thought maybe they could need them. when i gave the package to the reception clerk, he looked at me rather confused and instructed me nearly a little reproachful “we do not have any malaria in mauritius!!!”

furthermore, i think if you will fall ill, the mauritian doctors know best what to do against mauritian illnesses. don’ t hesitate to go and see a doctor if you need medical help, medical treatment is quite good, the medicaments you get are from e. g. glaxosmith&kline, south africa, or from aventis, france.

hope you will enjoy your holiday in good health!!!

nelle
nelle
moris explorater
moris explorater

Malaria & Mauritius

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Di Aug 30, 2005 11:48

Hi Anet,

You only need Malaria Prophylaxis when travelling to and staying in particular (wild) parts in the middle of Mauritius. I live in Mauritius for eight years now and never ever had any problems.

You should always be aware that all your vaccinations are okay. Mauritius isn't more dangerous than England...

Enjoy your trip and your stay!

Mrs. Turtle aka Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Beitragvon anet » Di Aug 30, 2005 12:44

Thanks everyone for your replys, they have been very helpful.
Can't wait to go to Mauritius. Annette :cool:
anet
encor Basic
encor Basic

Malaria Tablets

Beitragvon Guinness » Di Aug 30, 2005 12:58

Hi Anet, if you do decide to take anti malaria tablets please try and avoid Mefloquine as it has been proven in recent tests that it can cause damage to your liver.

So it's up to you to decide :balance)

Personally, I would prefer to take a chance with the beer instead!!

:bier)
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
Dean Martin
Guinness
encor Basic
encor Basic

Bilder: 5

Beitragvon anet » Di Aug 30, 2005 13:54

Hi Thanks for that Guiness. I have to be careful what I take as there is epilepsy in our family and would go through doctor as when went to Kenya only allowed to take Doxcycline. Thanks Annette
anet
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English