Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Trivial question- Weather in Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

Trivial question- Weather in Mauritius

Beitragvon mdiliev » Do Mai 12, 2016 15:19

Hi
I have found this forum and although I can see a few questions regarding weather- some are really old (like from 10 years ago).
We are willing to go and visit Maurutius from London at the end of May to 5.06.2016. I read a lot of information about the weather and still cannot decide. We will be 2 adults and 2 children (7 and 13). We don't tolerate very hot weather but living in London, our summer some years never arrives so would love sunshine (and getting some tan). Have we chosen a good period of the year?
We hate wind though so was looking probably at Le Morne or Beachcomber resorts (though there are some exceptional offers at the East Coast). Le Morne looks like to be on the South West part of the island- would that mean it will be more windy?
I would love for my son to try scuba dive so water sports, kids/teen clubs and hopefully some evening entertainment would be a must...
I will appreciate if someone responds.

mdiliev
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Re: Trivial question- Weather in Mauritius

Beitragvon Hinnah » Mo Mai 16, 2016 9:50

Hi,
In May/ June you have winter in Mauritius but the temperature will be still around 25 degrees/ during the day and night time 17 degrees. It will be windy also in the region of Le Morne.
I would not go the east cost in May/June. Will be too windy.
On this time you should go better in the west or North of the island. The best traveling time in Mauritius is October/November if you dont like very hot weather.
An alternative could be in the North Trou Aux Biches Resort & Spa or Le Mauricia Hotel - Beachcomber Hotels, Le Canonnier - Beachcomber Hotels or in Flic en Flac Hotel Sofitel Mauritius l'Impérial Resort & Spa, La Pirogue Resort & Spa, Mauritius.
Lg
Miriam
Hinnah
aide boucou
aide boucou

Beitragvon Freeya » Do Mai 26, 2016 16:09

Hello,

We've been wondering about the very same thing. We're not planning to go this year, but perhaps next year, and May would be a great time for us to go. We've even picked out our favourite luxury resort in Mauritius already ;) But we were unsure about the weather and what it would be like in May or June. So thank you for the answer, it was very helpful!
Freeya
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Hinnah » Do Mai 26, 2016 16:44

Hello,
it is very difficult to say something about the weather. Here in Mauritius the weather also changed. This year we had already a cold May, normally the cold temperature starts in end of June/ July. I don't know how will be the weather next year in May/June. It is winter and normally sunny during the day and fresh in the morning and evening, this year we had a very cold wind also in the North. You will have also some rain.
Hinnah
aide boucou
aide boucou

Beitragvon Titus » Fr Mai 27, 2016 12:52

Dear mdiliev , (what hell of a sexy nick)

Can you tell me how the weather will be in London or UK for that period ?

NO, you can't - and nobody can do the same for Mauritius - and even worse: there are dozens of microclimates around the island.
Pleaaaaase, stress the guys of Mauritius Meteorological Services
metservice.intnet.mu/

(be sure they won't reply).

But you may be sure also: wheather will be better than in London during the "'so called" summer (damn, I almost wrote "so-cold summer"....)

Never mind about this, but try to check with BBC if you are really eager to know if you'll sweat at 32 or 3° (Celsius, not Fahrenheit)

Best regards & nice holdidays
Umgezogen:
http://www.info-mauritius.eu/
Titus
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 2

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English