Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

my trip to mauritius - le Preskil

for our english speaking user.

my trip to mauritius - le Preskil

Beitragvon secdogs » Do Apr 17, 2008 0:45

Hi
I was in Mauritius 2-9th april. We stayed at Le Preskil, near the airport blue bay - and Mahebourg. 7 days is too short to really explore and discover the Island and relax. It was HOT - fantastic, and we got amazing suntans. The east coast breeze was wonderful and cooling.
The Hotel was very nice, but we had a garden unit, which was disappointing as we expected a sea view. Otherwise the hotel was excellent. We had half board and Breakfast and supper was varied and interesting and well prepared and presented. We ate at the a la carte seafood resturant and it was EXCELLENT, and not too expensive. The hotel charged in Euros, so made drinks expensive, so would recommend you bring your own drinks/wine. You can buy mixers in the local nearby shops. Our standard room was OK, and the superior rooms looked fantastic...! They have a nice shop with nice gifts which were not expensive. Hawkers selling shells and necklaces on the beach were very EXPENSIVE, even when you got it down to "half price".
we took a taxi for the day and cost MuR2400. We wanted to look at shops and he took us to the many duty free shops. If you like designer clothing, these are the places to go to by clothes. Prices were in Euros and probably were reasonable, but sizes looked very small.
The duty free shop at the airport is very cheap!! They have a good selection of perfumes creams and mens products. Mauritian rum is cheap. and they have some nice gift selections
We went to Curepipe - the taxi took us mostly to duty free shops.
We went to the Quatra borne market - and things were very cheap
We went to Port louis Waterfront and was very nice, but probably like any other shoping complex in the world.
Another day we went to Pamplemousses. If your spouse is not interested in plants.... leave them at home. We did the 26 hectares in 1 hour...!! You need a guide as it is difficult to identfy the trees as there were very few signs to say what tress or plants they were. There were no shops at the botanical guardens, so you cant buy any mementos or garden nicknacs. We went on to Grand Baie for lunch. It is really lovely and must be very nice to stay in hotels in this area. WE went to the Bazaar - interesting with some bargans. There is a super Chinese owned shop with lots of really nice things to take home, spices, soaps, rum etc and all really reasonable. We shared a lobster for lunch at the seafood resturant overlooking the bay , which cost us nearly the same as the taxi for the day...
In Mahebourgh they have an nice market, and you can get cinamon sticks, joss sticks, spices, mauritian saffron, curry spices, vanilla pods, flavoured teas, at a fraction of the price of the tourist shops. We went to some local shops and got indian cotton shirts and 3 piece Saris for a couple of hundred rupees. We had lunch at a seafood resturant which has a sail on the outsite - it was really nice. I tried the palm heart salad - Excellent!! The Mautitian prawns are HUGE!!
We went on a Catamaran from the hotel and went up the east coast to Ile aus Cerfs. On the way we transfered to a water taxi to see the waterfall up a river inlet. We saw dolphins, and had a fish bar B que and jungle juice. My husband did a parasale from the platform in the sea.
My husband did sailing sking, and the under sea walk.
It was truely an amazing holiday, but so sad that we have seen and done so little on the Island, and will have to come back and see and do the rest.
Everyone was so helpful and friendly. It was nice to be in a safe non violent environment.
the Taxis have two speeds - Fast and stop!
We must now start to save for our next trip.....to paradise

regards
Annette

secdogs
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Gerard » Do Apr 17, 2008 2:55

Hi Annette,
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Mauritius. As you said, one week is not enough to explore the island. I do go there every year and I usually go for at least 3 weeks. Mauritius may be a small island but there is so much to see and the scenery is breathtakingly beautiful. It is a safe holiday destination even if lately there has been isolated reports of thefts from some tourists. The mauritian government has recently taken measures to ensure the safety of visitors to the island by forming a special section of the police force which will be dedicated to protect tourists at strategic areas of the island. I am eagerly awaiting for my next visit to the island which unfortunately will not be until april of next year ( I will have plenty time to save up :)
Regards,
Gerard :cool:
Keep smiling and the world will smile back :)
Twitter id: Morisien06
Gerard
servi souvent moris forum
servi souvent moris forum

Bilder: 139

Beitragvon ud » Sa Apr 19, 2008 3:57

It's great to have your feedback Annette

Very interesting and funny the way that you've put it!

Best Regards

udester
ud
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English