Info Mauritius        
Travel Info Mauritius

Webcam Mauritius

Weather Mauritius
  Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Travelling alone for 7 weeks in Feb-March....!!!!! Any TIPS?

for our english speaking user.

Travelling alone for 7 weeks in Feb-March....!!!!! Any TIPS?

Beitragvon PrincessCaz » Di Jan 24, 2006 0:49

Hi there!

Im a med student from the UK coming to Mauritius for 7 weeks at the end of Feb! I'll be doing a bit of light work in the SSRN hospital and plan to enjoy myself big time!

Bit nervous about travelling on my own, but I'll hopefully make lots of friends!!
Also flying with Air France, and i am now totally petrified to fly with them now, as i was reading about how everyone hates them! and im really bad at flying!!!! urgh!

But just wondering if anyone has any tips for my stay in Mauritius? Any good places to go to, to meet fun people?! What not to do?!
I'd appreciate any info, whatsoever!

If anyone's around when im there, let me know!!!

Think im going to be staying in Trou Aux Biches... What's it like?? Anyone know?

Cheers! Caroline x

PrincessCaz
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

I'll be there!

Beitragvon AshevilleRayLo » Mo Jan 30, 2006 23:01

Hello from a fellow independent traveller! :ploppop
I will be in Mauritius from March 18-March 27th, and I will be on my own the whole time. (and I would love to hang out!!!)
I will be staying from the 18th until the 24th in Trou au Biches, and from the 24th until the 27th in Mahebourg, before I depart.
I plan on visiting the Black River Gorges Park, the Botanical Gardens in Pamplemouses, as well as doing plenty of diving (well, I at least plan on diving three times).
I am sure that I will be safe there on my own, but I have wanted to meet other travellers, so that things are more fun, and perhaps we can do things that otherwise might not be a good idea (like going to a sega after the sun goes down).
Let me know if you want to tour around with me!
Rachel
we all speak the same language
AshevilleRayLo
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon PrincessCaz » Mi Feb 01, 2006 3:46

Hey,
yeah sounds good, we should definately try to meet up!
I dont know what i will be doing at the time, but i will be around Trou aux Biches! Sega dancing sounds like a good laugh!!
Where are you from? and how old are you? - Im 21, well i'll 22 by the time i get to Mauritius!
umm.. not sure how to arange things, but i guess we have enough time until we're both there!!!
Caroline x
PrincessCaz
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Jeremiah_Bullfrog » Fr Feb 17, 2006 15:18

Hi PrincessCaz - We will be in Trou aux Biches from 4 March and were most interested to read your info re Chikungunya. Our 4 year old is very attractive to mosquitoes (as am I). Have you had any recent contact with the doctors/hospital re the current situation? I'm sure you'll meet heaps of people travelling alone - My husband and I met years (and years!) ago whilst each travelling alone.
Jeremiah_Bullfrog
nouvo
nouvo

Hi

Beitragvon Roger108 » Mo Okt 01, 2007 14:22

Hi there,
Let me tell you that you are going to have a fantastic time in Mauritius, I am presently there too, i know Trou Aux Biches..just a lovely area.
If you need any futher tips, email me cocoricoboy@hotmail.com
Roger108
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon ud » Di Okt 02, 2007 12:33

Hi Caroline,

I know it's such a fantastic thing travelling alone BUT you always need to be careful...

I would advise you to meet up with the above people or with other fellow tourists from UK (I'm sure there will be plenty of them around the area of Trou aux Biches - Grand Baie) to make your stay more interesting, more enjoyable and a lot more safer.

Mauritius IS a safe place but since you are a young girl travelling alone, It's not gonna be a surprise that you will meet blokes interested in a night out and offering drinks e.t.c. Just try not to be tempted and know your limits. Well that's it really!

I can't think of anything else as it seems like Rachel has already covered the best locations.

Too bad I'm in MU mid Dec to Start Jan (uni sucks) or I would have gladly accepted to take you around visiting places and having tea with my parents (They are not boring when we have guests). Try enjoying your time and make the best out of your placement.

Best regards

udester
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

your forum posting

Beitragvon bobkat » Di Nov 13, 2007 17:25

Hi read your ad on the forum. i am a uk national going at about the same time, and presently trying to find answers to the same questions.
Drop me a line if you are interested, perhaps we can help each other.
look forward to hearing from you,
opm7@hotmail.co.uk
bobkat
encor Basic
encor Basic

Yo Princess !!!

Beitragvon Leroy » Do Nov 15, 2007 18:18

Yeah, ud is right, know Your limits and stay out of troubles,...

I have been livin´in MTIUS now 7 months and been very happy here,
but better keep low profile....

Here in same time wishes to ud , i got yesterday my ADSL, so i´m in forum again...

Wishing the Best Holidays,

Leroy
Leroy
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Beitragvon ud » Sa Nov 17, 2007 15:50

PrincessCaz and bobcat, Goodluck!!!!

Leroy, glad to see that you're back online!!!
ud

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English