Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

tips tips and more tips.

for our english speaking user.

tips tips and more tips.

Beitragvon tazo101 » Di Mär 13, 2007 15:14

Hi everyone
Just come back from my 2nd trip to the island and decided to give some feedback.
Now if you want to go to 1 of the big hotels and spend a few £1000 each this may not be for you, just 1 warning all the beaches are PUBLIC even the residence, Beua rivage etc etc. So when i am laying on the beach next to you looking smug er..... tough.
Now seriously you dont need to spend this obscene amount on accomodation just to get your head down or get petals in your bath. Dont forget this money doesnt go to the locals who are on an average wage of about £25 pw. There are fabulous place all over the island, mind you there are dumps aswell so look on the forums and ask question.
If you want to do trips go and see Mick at tropical dreams , flic en flac. This guy is absolutely brilliant I consider him a friend now he is genuine and honest and best of all (sorry Mick) cheap!!! Best deals on the island. eg trip to Ill aux Cerfs with transport (from flic) lunch etc 0nly 800mru everywhere else 1500. Even at Trou-d'Eau-Douce they charge 900 and thats with the boatmen! During Cyclone gamii..... whatever, he even made sure i got all details for my return flight. Great bloke however he can talk, told my wife I was only going to be 10 minutes walked into his office for 1st time and 2 hours gone like that. Great bloke. His email is tropicdream@intnet.mu
We stayed in Trou-d'Eau-Douce and the place is called Cilaos beach www.beach-bungalows.mu, Sarah runs the office side. Honestly its brilliant, its not a 5 star but nice and superb location.
This place opens onto the beach and is absolutely stunning give it a look it really is that good. The east side is Quieter ie no discos etc but if you want relaxation and decent food this side in my opinion is the best. I will be adding to this and hope its of use if you need info just let me know.
This side of the island is quiet but i believe the best, I have been to 3 sides of the island now and Grand bay and flic are getting a bit like Benidorm at the weekends! But hey you make your own mind up.

tazo101
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » Di Mär 13, 2007 16:55

A Good Point to note indeed.

I've mentioned it before as well.

Its really not worth spending so much money for staying one week in a 5 star hotel knowing that the beaches are open to public in general while you can invest in a lower range of bungalows and thus extend your stay for a further couple of weeks.

Of course, this doesn't suit everyone depending on their background but its something worth considering if you really want to learn about the culture, visit more places of interest and enjoy life to the max. It wouldn't have been possible to do that in 1 week...not even 2.

The thing is (every good thing has its downside and you just have to be realistic) by renting bungalows and private properties, its not guaranteed 100% safe as there might be some issues with the landlord and no service is expected but those cases are really rare.
It also happens anywhere in the world.

Hope this helps

Take care every1

ud
ud
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon tazo101 » Sa Mär 31, 2007 15:58

As regards Scuba diving I did my open seas with Sea Urchin in flic and flaq. They were really great, ask for katerina or Jean mar.
tazo101
encor Basic
encor Basic

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English