I have just returned from my vacation in Mauritius where I stayed from 29th August until 9th September. I stayed at Le Paradis Resort (Le Morne). Here is some info about the weather:
* Between 9-18 the sun shines and when there is no clouds it is very warm. You can absolutely get sunburned.
* You should expect some clouds and perhaps rain during the day, but they disappear very quickly.
* The sea water is a bit cold, but when you "get under" you can stay in for as long as you like. I spend a lot of time in the water
* In the centre of the island it rains a lot - bring an umbrella.
* In the evening I was surprised about how cold it actually gets. I had a light jacket on each night.
The Resort: Le Paradis is FANTASTIC!!! World class.