Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

surf in mauritius

for our english speaking user.

surf in mauritius

Beitragvon bruce and barb » Mi Jan 14, 2004 14:13

thanks to joana for heading us towards this forum.

can anyone help us please?

we are a couple in our 50s..west australians who are coming to mauritius at the end of january for a week or so.
we wish to stay at a reasonable standard hotel on the beach front..or close..on a beach that has surf...for a surfboard.

we are not looking for huge surf..mostly small to medium fun stuff that we can just veg out and sunbake..surf..sleep..read a book etc.

we are limited to what our agent offers us but it is very hard to find out where the hotels are in relation to surf.
we would like satellite tv if possible or videos.

our agent has suggested the coin de mire?
he has others to offer if we know what we are looking for.

it was a budget hotel we gather but are not overly fussed about obtaining better quality accommodation as long as it is near some surf.

any help would be greatly appreciated..

cheers

bruce and barb
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon stefan » Do Jan 15, 2004 8:30

:welcome) bruce and barb

our agent has suggested the coin de mire?
he has others to offer if we know what we are looking for.

is this coin de mire in Tamarien?
because thats the only (board) surf place i know.
regards
stefan
stefan
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 164

Beitragvon joana » Do Jan 15, 2004 11:45

oops, guess we have to clarify something:
are you talking about surfing (then stefan is right, the best place is Tamarin or south west - Le Morne)
or wind surfing. many more places possible.
joana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bilder: 30

surfing

Beitragvon bruce and barb » Do Jan 15, 2004 16:04

thanks guys....yes..surfboard riding..we wondered about your post joana..wind is not very good for surfing and it has to be off the land for it to be any good at all.

yes..we have hunted around...and got a little more info...my travel agent has a son who surfs and he found a good site that has maps of all the places there is likely to be surf..i dont know why 15 yr old kids are so good at this.. :mad: haha!

anyway...we have confirmed flights into mauritius..awaiting flights out..waitlisted but have a good feeling about getting seats.

we keep changing our minds..we are booked into bali ..we go maybe 6 times a year on business for february 26th for 3 weeks..but that is the very day our container has to leave....and for a variety of reasons we cant be in bali to buy the stock this time..so..we have tried to get a perth / mauritius / singapore / bali / perth package...
FORGET IT!!!
too hard from here and the cost is prohibitive....so now we are loking at arriving back in perth after mauritius and jumping on the next flight back to bali for 8 days to put together the container..packages like this are so unbelievably cheap right now..it works out far cheaper that way...then we get home from bali on business and 10 days later head off again for a holiday this time..

shees!..life is hard!

but someones got to do it!!

all we are really waiting for now is confirmation of seats ex mauritius to perth..then we can book a hotel.

we have been quoted the coin de mire...but it seems very basic...we would like satellite tv and all the comforts of home...

i think it is tamarien..we dont know where that is even!!..but we are going to now study maps and try to find a reasonable hotel on the beach near the surf..
according to my agents son,there are many surf places in mauritius...

and the map loks quite promising.

thanks for your help...sorry we are so ignorant of your beautiful island...any help with god hotels would also be appreciated...

places they list on the link are...calamar...darne....petit sancho...tamarin bay...graveyards????...blue bay..etc...as good surf spots..

thanks once again..
cheers
bruce and barb
bruce and barb
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon joana » Fr Jan 16, 2004 11:58

Hi again,

sorry for the misunderstanding. Lots of ppl coming over here for windsurfing, and need therefore wind :mrgreen:

As Stefan said, best areas for surfing then is Tamarin or Le Morne (apparently not good for beginners)

Any surfers around here?????

Joana
joana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bilder: 30

Re: surf in mauritius

Beitragvon Knics » So Dez 12, 2010 22:05

Hi, i`m a beginer. What i know is that TAMARIN region would be suitable. By the way, can somebody keep me aware when to bring along my board.., as whenever i come, there are not suitable waves.. Thanks a lot
Knics
nouvo
nouvo

Re: surf in mauritius

Beitragvon JoKi » Di Dez 14, 2010 14:50

Hi,

guess that you did not realize that the original posting dates back to the year 2003/2004.
Maybe a new thread would have been easier...

Knics hat geschrieben:Hi, i`m a beginer. What i know is that TAMARIN region would be suitable. By the way, can somebody keep me aware when to bring along my board.., as whenever i come, there are not suitable waves.. Thanks a lot

Down in Le Morne, it's almost all year sufficient to do water sports. But don't expect too much waves for surfing here in Mauritius at all.
Cheers, JoKi
JoKi
mari bon connaisance lor moris
mari bon connaisance lor moris

Bilder: 1

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English