Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

sugar have a future?

for our english speaking user.

sugar have a future?

Beitragvon stefan » So Okt 28, 2007 21:52

i postet this in the german forum and there been some response.
i would like to here from you, what you are thinking about it?

if this does not work take the direct link Mauritius Is Addicted To Sugar

stefan
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 164

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » Mo Okt 29, 2007 2:56

I personally think that we've been sitting idle and enjoying life completely at ease thinking that we'll get the same favours from the EU i.e. renewing the ACP countries fix quota treaty but we've got it wrong.

As a small country, we won't stand any chance against other African countries and Brazil. That's why some local firms have moved to Madagascar and started to cultivate sugarcane - More land, cheaper labour....but I doubt it's gonna be enough.

The only good thing about this is that we are not alone - Trinidad and Tobago and other Carribean countries are also affected. There might be a bond between us ACP countries to find a solution to this.

If we can't compete we should diversify - reduce sugarcane cultivation to level of self subsistance and continue producing "high quality selective types" of sugar/rhum for exportation. We need to focus on farming/rearing animals and above all start using our SUN (Solar Electricity/Greenhouses). Can't they realise that we depend too much on other countries for dairy products (powdered milk), fruits, and meat!?!?? We need to stop this.

The Ministry is a farce.....they lack foresight. I can't blame them but now that they've stopped being pampered, things should hopefully change!

Once I get some cash, I'll invest in Solar Energy or Greenhouses. Mark my words folks, that's the way forward!
ud

Beitragvon stefan » Mi Okt 31, 2007 21:48

greenhouse......everthing what is green, is a future :lol:

but, i'm realy suprised in seeing, he talks like that, so what will be tomorrow?
stefan

Bilder: 164

Beitragvon ud » Do Nov 01, 2007 22:26

Yeah,

He's completely on the negative approach. However make note that his attitude completely changes when he realises that he's being filmed.

I only trust what I see and not what people make us believe.....
ud

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English