Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Student from Overseas

for our english speaking user.

Student from Overseas

Beitragvon addyj » Mo Feb 20, 2012 23:29

issue resolved .

Zuletzt geändert von addyj am Sa Sep 15, 2012 18:24, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
addyj
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Re: Student from Overseas

Beitragvon BerndWilhelm » Di Feb 21, 2012 9:51

Hello back,
sorry, can only give you some information concerning your last question.

I the building where I am working there is an international school VATEL. The students come from all over the world. As I can see a lot of them have a car, some come with a scooter. Shall you have an international driving licence you can get a "local version" in the police headoffice (Line Barracks) in Port Louis, but very often when the policeman realizes that you are a foreigner, he normally lets you go. But at least one driving licence (from your home country, an international one or a local one) you shall have with you.

I can not say that Mauritius is dangerous at night. But normally you will not see a lot of people walking/driving as from 21:00. You shall bare in mind that Mauritians have their driving style, which you have to get used to and at night (unforturnately) there are some drunk men on the way.

Hope to have helped you a little bit.

Yes, the petrol prices. I am paying for disel Rs 41.20, for petrol/unleaded you are paying Rs 49 with something (1 Euro = appr. Rs 37,50)

Wishing you all the best
BERND WILHELM
BerndWilhelm
moris explorater
moris explorater

Beitragvon addyj » Di Feb 21, 2012 12:27

Hey ,

Thanks bernd for taking out ur time to reply. The cost of petrol is quite expensive compared to here in Qatar. 5 times more :(

If any one can answer my other questions that would be really helpful .

Thanks again.
addyj
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon Devora » Mi Mär 14, 2012 11:23

Hello addyj,

Hope I may help you with some info about the campus. At present there are around 70 students on BSc IT & BIS, year 3 and most of them are overseas. They are quite happy with their study and some of them are looking for to continue to postgraduate level upon successful completion of their programme. Campus is well equip with spacious class/seminar rooms, IT Labs, Student lounge, Cafeteria, playgrounds and large parking space. Soon there will be Student Union in operation and many activities will improve. Sure, coming to Middlesex University Mauritius Branch Campus will give you to experience unique atmosphere by interacting with multinational students, as well staff.

Unfortunately international students are not allowed to work while they are studying in Mauritius, but I've heard that this could be changed.

There are facebook groups, like Middlesex University Mauritius Campus where you may join and get in touch with recent, former and prospective students.

Should you need more speciafic info, feel free to send me a message.

Hope it helps.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Art2design
Devora
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Bilder: 3

Beitragvon Brofasond » Mi Mär 14, 2012 12:59

Hi addyj,

maybe you'll find some further information directly at the university's website:

http://www.middlesex.mu/Default.aspx

Good luck and all the best for your project,
Brofasond
Brofasond
mari bon connaisance lor moris
mari bon connaisance lor moris

Beitragvon vamshikr » Sa Mär 17, 2012 15:32

hi,
i am vamshi. I dont kow what you want to study. but the university good. you can use your driving license and they will stamp it here,so, that you can drive here. Accomodation is provided by uni but its expensive. you can get accomodation by hiring a flat. it wont cost you much. fully furnished comes around 3 -5000 mur. for admission or any help. contact me on vamshi143141@yahoo.com
vamshikr
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon melie » So Mär 25, 2012 10:08

Hi, my parents live at 10 mins walk from the university and they are renting the top floor of their house, maybe you would be interested. Contact me on melinda@intnet.mu, or should you need other info don't hesitate. Good luck with your studies
melie
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English