Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Some questions?

for our english speaking user.

Some questions?

Beitragvon Huskatt » Mo Nov 26, 2007 17:30

My boyfriend and I are planning coming down in june - july to Flic en Flac, and we are wondering how the weather is like during that period? (15 of june to 15 of july)

We read about some dangerous species in the ocean. If they are near the beach or far out?

- Is it necessary to use special shoes while swimming?

- What is the easiest and cheapest way to travel around the island?

Grateful for som answers. - thanks!

Pia from Sweden.

Huskatt
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon jk » Mo Nov 26, 2007 19:43

What kind of species in the ocean?

Didn't hear anything about this.

Jan
jk
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Beitragvon AllradFan » Mo Nov 26, 2007 21:13

Hello Pia,
for your question which types there are in the Indian Ocean, under
www:lighthouse-foundation.org (Foundation for the Ocean), You can everything look.

Dieter
AllradFan
mari bon connaisance lor moris
mari bon connaisance lor moris

Bilder: 0

@pia

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Di Nov 27, 2007 11:52

Hello Pia,

I'll try to answer your questions:

1. end of June / early July can still be okay, although it's the beginning of Mauritian 'winter', it can be slightly fresh and you might have a bit more rain than in other months. However if you would like to travel around and get to know the island, and not just lie on the beach, it's an ideal travelling period.

2. Dangerous species are rare, but they exist: there are stone fish and sea urchins, the latter are not poisonous however if you manage to step into one and parts stick under your skin your holiday had been nice... stone fish are rare and hard to spot, however they exist, they are poisonous, and they are one of the reasons why you will never meet me in the sea without shoes... It might be different at public beaches, however I just don't take the risk.

3. Easiest or cheapest transport should be the question... easiest is by taxi. Cheapest is by bus. I would recommend a mixture of both. If you are travelling with a lot of luggage: take a cab. If you want to learn about the land and the people: hop on a bus.

I hope you will enjoy your holiday. If you should have any further questions I'm sure you will get answers here @info-mauritius.

Mme. Tortue (Mrs. Turtle)
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Yo Huskatt Pia och God Kväll !!

Beitragvon Leroy » Di Nov 27, 2007 18:37

Been here my 1 st time at June and July( Settled here wiv my wife in April),...And Still hangin´here :)

...Never seen kind of "seamonsters" in the sea, and i have been fishing in Albion Rocks, Beau du Cap etc, etc,... so Dontta Worry... and weather is in Westcoast very, very beautifil ( Usually :))..........

( It was at 2007 winter(June -July)),....... In F en F U gonna get ( my opinion) very great time, ( I mean if U like Sun like me...) So , without doubts,
Welcome and have The Best time here....

With The Best Regards and adjö....

Leroy
Leroy
content sa forum la
content sa forum la

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English