Hello everyone. I will be in Mauritius from 5th November for 2 weeks in the Bel Ombre resort in the South West of the island.
I'm interested in doing some fishing whilst over there, possibly a boat trip but more likely from the shore.
I'd appreciate in particular some advice on:
1. Is fishing with rod and line allowed from the shore?
2. Is any licence for this required?
3. If so how much and where do I get one from?
4. What methods will work? I suspect lure fishing or bait fishing or both?
5. What species can I expect to catch?
6. Is there anything I should be aware of? i.e poisonous fish, etc
So, if anyone out there can assist please leave a post with your info/tips/advice on fishing from the shore/beach/rocks.
Thanks in advance, I'm sure someone out there can help!