Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Recommending A Good Hotel In Town

for our english speaking user.

Recommending A Good Hotel In Town

Beitragvon Matrix » Di Sep 30, 2008 7:31

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a good hotel at one of the following locations if there are any?:

Rose-Hill, Curepipe, Beau-Bassin, Quatre-Bornes, Port-Louis

I am not looking for pension or boarding type of accommodation, but proper hotel type acc...

Thanks in advance

Alex

Matrix
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

city hotels

Beitragvon macca06 » Do Okt 02, 2008 5:28

La Bourdonnais Waterfront Hotel in Port Louis and theres the Goldcrest Hotel in Quatre Bourne, try doing an internet search that will probly come up with a few more that i haven't thought of :cool:
i'm not asian or african... i'm mauritian!
macca06
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Matrix » Do Okt 02, 2008 8:09

Thanks for your feedback macca
Will look into it.. :ploppop
I am only there on business and will only make the odd trip to the beach.

Again Thanks

Alex
Matrix
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Matrix » Do Okt 02, 2008 8:43

El Monaco Hotel
Has anyone stayed there..? There is not many reviews on the Net for this hotel..
:-?
The site looks great but not many shots of the rooms,, Not sure if they are trying to hide something..:mrgreen:

Thanks

Alex
Matrix
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Matrix » Do Okt 02, 2008 8:57

Ooops..! Sorry forget about El Monaco Hotel.. Just found out there there is only fan in the room.. Do not intend to spend January in a hotel room only cooled by a fan.. :mrgreen: Bild

Thanks anyway..

Alex
Matrix
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon nypy » Fr Okt 03, 2008 1:07

you live in australia and perhaps you can live with fan only, but for "normal" people it's not enough <X)
nypy
content partagé
content partagé

Beitragvon Matrix » Fr Okt 03, 2008 5:28

Actually nypy this is quite funny, if not strange..

For a matter of fact, I love the hot weather during the day that is.. and you are right when you say that Australia Is hot.. :mrgreen: Damn Hot in Summer..:beer)

But for some reason, I cannot sleep when it is too hot and I need my Air-Con.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yes..I Know.. :roll: A little bit of luxury does not hurt.. :ploppop

Alex
Matrix
encor Basic
encor Basic

Curepipe

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Fr Okt 03, 2008 11:44

Hello Alex,

the best solution for you would be to look for a hotel in Curepipe. Because it's situated in the middle of the island and higher than the coastal areas it never gets that hot over there.

However there's one disadvantage: there are much more rainfalls in Curepipe than at other places.

Best

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Matrix » Sa Okt 04, 2008 10:50

Hi Mme Tortue

Thank you for your reply..

Sorry I should have mentioned the following before posting, but i didn't think that it was that important to do so.

I am a native of Mauritius and I know that Curepipe is reasonably cool and if you are wondering as to why I am asking for information on Mauritius, it is simply that I left Mauritius almost 35 Years ago and at the time there was no accommodation in town and a matter of fact there was only a handful of hotels along the coast. So for me it will be like starting all over again :mrgreen:

I do understand French but I am absolutely hopeless when it comes to writing and speaking French.. :pp) .

Creole, I can speak, but then again, when I left Mauritius it was not even a written language and when ever someone would post something in Creole, it would take me a few minutes just trying to get my head around one sentence. :Q :mrgreen:

It took me a long time to find an English speaking Forum. I tried to post on Ile Maurice.com, but there, they seem to ignore anything written in English and feel that it is more important to discuss ethnic issues.. :roll:

Again. thank you for your feedback.

Great site and Great people :ploppop

Alex
Matrix
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Sa Okt 04, 2008 18:39

Ki maniere, Matrix?

Pas casse ta tete. Personne connais exactement ecrire kreol mais tous dimun cose n'importe. Mo ena Allemande ki reste a Mahebourg depis dix ans asterla. Mo pas connais bien ecrire mais cose ca marche, malgre le kreol de pecheurs ici n'est pas la meme chose. (Bizin boire un ou deux verre avant mo commence a compren...)

Ena beaucoup sansements ici depis dix ans, pas tous pour le mieu, quand meme j'aime l'ile, mon bonhomme, sa famille et banne amis.

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Info Mauritius Annonce

Nächste

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English