Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

Recommendations

for our english speaking user.

Recommendations

Beitragvon Leigh » Mo Feb 21, 2005 6:07

We are looking forward to coming to Mauritius next week and wonder if anyone could help with the following queries:

* Some of the previous posts suggest that it may be easiest to hire a taxi to get around. Can anyone recomend a taxi/driver that can be hired for a day or two?

* Can anyone recommend any particularly nice restaurants serving Mauritius cuisine?

* Is wine and beer cheaply available or would you recommend we bring in as much as we can?

Thanks in advance.

Leigh
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Transport, Food and Booze...

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Feb 21, 2005 10:38

Hello Leigh,

It would be helpful if you let people know where you will be based during your stay in Mauritius. It will make more sense giving recommendations for Taxi drivers or restaurants near to your accomodation.

Beer isn't only cheap but very good (Phoenix, Blue Marlin and Guinness are the local brands); wine is more expensive, in particular compared to Australia. As for customs regulations: you are allowed to bring in two bottles of wine per person plus a bottle of Whisky/Brandy etc. (hard drinks are very, very expensive).

Have a safe trip and a lovely holiday!

Mme. Tortue aka Mrs. Turtle
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon Leigh » Di Feb 22, 2005 5:46

Thanks for the prompt Mrs. Turtle.

I look forward to trying out the local beers and will be sure to bring in our wine and vodka quota.

We will be staying on the east coast at The Residence.

Thankyou
Leigh
Leigh
nouvo
nouvo

Beitragvon mike@hibiscus » Fr Mär 04, 2005 23:42

Leigh hat geschrieben:I look forward to trying out the local beers

Yes indeed.. Phoenix beer is very tasty. As the slogan for goes :

"So delicious, So Mauritius" :cool:
mike@hibiscus
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 51

Re: Transport, Food and Booze...

Beitragvon JuTo » Mo Mär 07, 2005 12:08

Greetings from Finland!

You have discussed about wine, beer and spirit prices. You might know that here in Finland alcohol prices are quite high and I wonder, whether prices in Mauritius are even higher than here. Can someone tell me a price level of i.e. bottle of brandy, beer and wine in shops and prices in restaurants for gin& tonic and bottle of red wine, please.

I am coming to Mauritius in the end of March and will stay in Le Victoria Hotel.
Information about the hotel and surroundings are also welcomed.

BR JuTo

MmeTortue hat geschrieben:Hello Leigh,

It would be helpful if you let people know where you will be based during your stay in Mauritius. It will make more sense giving recommendations for Taxi drivers or restaurants near to your accomodation.

Beer isn't only cheap but very good (Phoenix, Blue Marlin and Guinness are the local brands); wine is more expensive, in particular compared to Australia. As for customs regulations: you are allowed to bring in two bottles of wine per person plus a bottle of Whisky/Brandy etc. (hard drinks are very, very expensive).

Have a safe trip and a lovely holiday!

Mme. Tortue aka Mrs. Turtle
JuTo
nouvo
nouvo

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English