Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

real estate in Mauritius

for our english speaking user.

buying in Mauritius

Beitragvon Hippy » Mo Okt 23, 2006 0:38

I myself am looking to live there, all my family are there, so its not a problem really. One thing I learnt while living there, was that it really boiled down to who you knew - I visited Minister Lauthan, the minister for social security and chatted, eating his fritters.

I suspect many on here a very jealous people - for the full genuine facts, go to: www.gov.mu

Hippy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon Hippy » Mo Okt 30, 2006 1:05

Mempep is very correct on one thing; you get sent all over the shop to get the info you need and in my case in 2003, I ended up with zilch.

Its difficult there as nobody really knows whats right and wrong - thats something they must have inherited fro the French!

hIPPY
Hippy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Joe » Do Nov 02, 2006 7:57

Hippy hat geschrieben:...
Its difficult there as nobody really knows whats right and wrong - thats something they must have inherited fro the French!

hIPPY

:mrgreen:

Hmmm, guess your are right. :lol:

Well, although MRU is a member of the Commonwealth, the french influenence is predominantly in all corners and is still growing. If they continue into this direction they will one day change the official language into french and can no longer claim to be bi-lingual country.

i.e. A huge amount of products are already from France or french companies. Only ZA and Australian products have found a relevant corner on the mauritian market place.
Gruss, Joe
Joe
moris forum membre a'élite

Bilder: 36

Beitragvon Hippy » Do Nov 02, 2006 13:41

I would be very surprised that the Mauritians buy anything from France. I lived in the Aude for two years and everything is very expensive in France, due to tax. Each entreprise pays 50% tax on earnings plus 50% on employees for the privilige of having employees.

Also, the French are slowly ending their sugar business with Mauritius, so the government will tell the French to stick their booty - thats business.

As for the language, whats the point of speaking French? None. English is a growing language, which you must speak for internationally for business and is important part of the curiculum.

As part of the conmmonwealth, Maurtius still benefits from UK funding from time to time as do all commonwealth countries, sorry but English is there to stay,

hIPPY
Hippy
encor Basic
encor Basic

Beitragvon Joe » Do Nov 02, 2006 16:04

Hippy,

I live in Flic en Flac since 3 years and I definitely can say that the majority of non local products comes from France or French companies.

Concerning the sugar business you should distinguish between France and the EU.France is only a country in the EU. Through the Commonwealth and the british Membership in the EU Mauritius has got in the past a very good guaranteed price and quota for the sugar from the EU. But as the EU, including France, has changed their sugar policy, Mauritius soon has to sell the sugar on the harsh world market where the price is much lower.

I think we are slowly but surely drifting off topic. May be we should open another topic to discuss these things. :wink)
Gruss, Joe
Joe

Bilder: 36

Beitragvon ud » Di Nov 07, 2006 16:51

Damn Right ure both drifting from the topic

Mauritius has a blend of both English and French culture repercussions and products and as long as it stays like this we mauritians are the ones benefiting.

OkieDokie back to our horses:

The link given by Hippy should discuss anything for the non citizen of Mauritius

http://www.gov.mu/portal/site/Noncitize ... 800b521ca/

bla bla bla about the rules and regulations

Even mauritians don't like them so......I hope this helps
ud

Beitragvon mike@hibiscus » Mo Mai 21, 2007 7:52

I'm selling a beach villa shortly. I haven't embarked on the advertising campaign yet but it will be on sale for slightly less than the market value. The definative sale price has not yet been set in stone but it will be approximatly £600,000 GBP maybe slightly more, maybe slightly less. I've only just decided to sell. The property is right on the beach in a lovelly area. It has a large pool and sleeps 7. It is a stunning property and will definatley be snapped up once word gets about internationally.

Regards

Mike
mike@hibiscus
moris explorater
moris explorater

Bilder: 51

Beitragvon ud » Di Mai 22, 2007 10:47

Advertising notified!

Topic to move!
ud

Re: real estate in Mauritius

Beitragvon zelhope » Di Feb 15, 2011 10:22

Hello,

Try to go in this website realestate.classifieds1000.com/Mauritius. You can see there the list of prices and places of the houses, condo, or lot that are available. Hopefully, you can finally see the right house that fits for you.
zelhope
nouvo
nouvo

Info Mauritius Annonce

Vorherige

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English