Mauritius Forum  
Mauritius Gallery

Mauritius Accommodation

Mauritius English Home

QUESTIONS: TEMPLES AND TAXIS.

for our english speaking user.

QUESTIONS: TEMPLES AND TAXIS.

Beitragvon koala00 » Fr Nov 30, 2007 14:07

HI!! definetly i go to mauritius for my honey moon! I don't want to stay all the time on the beach!! I'd like to visit some places (many places!)
Here are my questions:

- I've seen there are some beautiful tamil temples around the island. Can you tell me exactly the location of these temples??? (i think one is called kaylasson temple and is very colourful!, is it in port louis? where? in triolet? rose-hill???. Any more temples you know? Where exactly are they? how can i get there?)
- Chinese Pagodas: any in port louis? where else?

- Taxis: where is the best place to get a cheap taxi to move around one week??? prices???

Thank you!!!!!!!! :-)

koala00
encor Basic
encor Basic

Info Mauritius Annonce

Beitragvon ud » So Dez 02, 2007 15:50

Hello again,

There's a really beautiful and colourful temple in Rose-Hill near the United Bus Service mini station around the market place. You can't miss it. I think it's the kaylasson but I'm not sure. Those temples were built by contractors and workers who came especially from India because of their amazing sculpturing skills of god portraits in the Hindu/Tamil/Telegu faith.

There's a temple I once visited in Malinga, la Laura, St-Pierre. It's an isolated one right near the mountain ranges of Le Pouce and has got really fantastic views of around the area.

I've asked one of my chinese friends about the pagoda and he told me that there's one pagoda/chinese temple near les Signaux(Moountain Signaux) in Port Louis, our city.

It's better you get a taxi - book one for a day and visit them, they're only 45 mins apart from each other would you believe? One again I stress on this fact. Unlike Spain, Mauritius is a very small island and you can visit these places all in one day if you plan your time carefully. I've posted the link from our goverment to help tourists with places of interests. try browsing in the forum to spot them.

Best regards

udester
ud
moris forum membre a'élite

Beitragvon ud » So Dez 02, 2007 16:05

Ohh I don't know about the taxis. If you do a search on google, you can find some companies which offer this kind of service.

But if you are looking for a cheaper private one, I hope Anne, Stefan or anyone else might help you. Just w8 until other people reply.

Something aside:

There's a beautiful Spanish girl in my university batch:

"Grils españoles son realmente hermosos" :mrgreen:

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your time

udester
ud

Tamil temples

Beitragvon MmeTortue » Mo Dez 03, 2007 8:48

Buenas tardes Koala!

There's also a wonderful relatively new Tamil temple just off the 'autoroute' at Rose Belle. If you come from the airport you leave the highway at Rose Belle Hospital but instead of driving into the hospital you continue to drive around the hospital roundabout, straight ahead below the highway, continue straight ahead at the next round-about and after 300 meters at the lights to the left. There you will already see the temple on your left hand side.

Some of our friends with tamil roots who recently started building their own houses also erected small home temples. There are some builders from Sri Lanka who offer their services here, and I shouldn't have said builders but these guys are really artists!

Best

Mme. Tortue
DER WEG IST DAS ZIEL!
MmeTortue

Zurück zu Mauritius Forum English