Mauritius Gallery
Mauritius Accommodation
Mauritius English Home

Questions regarding Mauritius - Advice needed

for our english speaking user.

Questions regarding Mauritius - Advice needed

Postby eskimoen » Fri Sep 10, 2004 16:59

Dear all

My girlfriend and I are arriving at Mauritius in October. It's our Honeymoon. We have 7 days at Mauritius, and I have a couple of questions, to which I hope to get some advice.

1. I have read that it is not advised to rent a car, since the driving can be somewhat awful on Mauritius - I have also heard that it's much more convenient (and cheaper) to hire a cab-driver for a day. Any comments?

2. We're planning to go on deep sea fishing. Any bad companies out there, who're just trying to make a quick buck? Any companies that you can recommend? Are the prices rougly the same for the companies?

3. We're staying at the Belle Mare Plage hotel. I have read that the sunsets on the west-coast are much more romantic. Is this true? And if so, any recommendations for a restaurent on the west-coast?

4. We also want to get up in a sort of parachute, being attached with a line to a boat. Can this be dangerous, or are the companies very alert on the safety side?

I hope this wasn't to many questions. I look forward to the answers - and to the Honeymoon, also :)

Kind regards,

Ole Jeppesen
Copenhagen, Denmark

Info Mauritius Annonce

Postby joana » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:49

:welcome) in our forum :welcome)

Let me try to give you an idea about the things you ask:

Thre rates: car rental: around Euro 55,- per day (24 hrs) with one of the big international companies (Avis, Hertz, Europcar)
Taxi: around same price for an 8-hrs-trip.
Driving is very different from European standards, thats why a lot of people like it: its a little anarchy...

Deep Sea Fishing
Everywhere in the world you have white and black sheeps. If you book via your representative or the guest relation of the hotel they give you a serious company. Don't book with beach hawkers.

In Mauritius sunsets in the east are a very rare phenomen. They are announced usually a couple of weeks prior to the day on national medias. These days then are declared as 'unforseen public holidays'.
Im now here so many years and still waiting for that great event i:()
but can assure you you have a great sunrise there (if you like to get up around 6 during your holiday... :-D )

Thats the name of that sport.I guess you can book it on the boat house or get some information there.

So, hope you will enyjoy your holiday on our island.
The hotel is simply GREAT!

Best regards,

Site Admin
Site Admin

weather in june at east coast

Postby belgium » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:21

we should come to Mauritius in june but we are not sure about the weather,can somebody give us more information?thanks

Weather in June at East Coast

Postby MmeTortue » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:27

Hello Belgium,

In June the 'winter' season starts in Mauritius which doesn't mean snow and ice, however it can get below 25 Degrees Celsius. At the East Coast the winds are stronger than in the West and it feels colder than 25, in particular close to or on the water.

June is an ideal month for those who do not only want to enjoy beach life, but have a look around the island. Mauritian summers are so hot that you knock yourself out while travelling around...

Have fun planning your trip which I hope will be a safe one!

Mme. Tortue
moris forum membre a'élite
moris forum membre a'élite

Return to Mauritius Forum English